Newbie questions on QSC K10s

• Members

Just got my K10s! Can someone give me info on the gain knobs? Do I need to set the gain all the way up? Does it work like a volume know or like a power knob that is found on the QSC solid state amps used for non-powered speakers? The speaker sounds great! There are 2 inputs with 2 gain knobs.Now while sending a mono line signal into the speaker from a mixer,will it help in anyway if I split that mono signal & send it as 2 separate signals into input A & B? Will it help in giving me that mono signal more volume,depth/punch? The reason I ask is that I was wondering if the power of the amp in that speaker is split up into 2 (A & B input).Is it safe to set the gain all the way up? Can the speakers handle it? I know it depends on how loud the input is,but is there any built in Limiter/ compression or something to prevent the speaker from damage due to a heavy input?

Thanks.

• Members

- Set the gain at unity, 12 O' clock to start. If you have proper gain structure all the way down the line and it's not loud enough set a unity then turn up the speaker until it's either loud enough or starts limiting a lot. Back off a bit and you have your maximum practical volume.

- No need to split the input. The only way this could possibly help at all is if you had proper gain structure on all gear, your speakers all the way up, were still not hitting the limiters and needed more volume. I don't see that happening.

Archived