What would you call this guitar finish?

prolurkerguy

• Members
Made in Korea. I have a Dean Deceiver made in Korea. It's got a really cool tortoiseshell-like binding. I showed it to a friend who happens to be Korean and he said "Oh that's a traditional Korean furniture design". I doubt too many Dean Deceiver players know much about Korean furniture...

If this git is as good as my Dean it's an ace.

Zip

Deans don’t get a lot of love, but I like their less pointy models. I had a used Korean Icon that was a nice little guitar.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Deans don’t get a lot of love, but I like their less pointy models. I had a used Korean Icon that was a nice little guitar.

I have three Deans. Two of them have non-V headstocks. The third was a gift and it has the dreaded V. The only guy who could pull of the V headstock IMO was Dimebag. The Cars played em but even for the 80's I think they looked dumb.

Now here's a finish to be proud of!

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"l.jpg","data-attachmentid":32289201}[/ATTACH]

Zip

15,000 Volt Relic Telecaster with electrical artwork burns on the body, Master built by Dennis Galuszka. A guitar from the depths of hell.

IMG_4692-11.jpg

The second I saw that, I knew it was built by my friend Dennis. He told me about the process that is used to make those. Very interesting stuff!

I liked a couple of the Dean models that were around in the late 70s / early 80s - the Cadillac, the Z and the V... I wasn't crazy about the ML though.

With the exception of the Mockingbird (which I've always liked), Dean's guitars generally appealed to me far more than those from that other phamous purveyor of pointy guitars - BC Rich.

• Members

Your guitars don’t even have heads! :mad:

:cool05:

:lol:

OK, OK.....

However, the last two weekends I've used my Les Paul as primary instead of the 'Berger. IMO, this is what a nice book-matched maple top should look like. YMMV.

[img2=JSON]{"alt":"Image result for Steinbergerhack Les Paul R0 VOS","data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"505","width":"296","src":"http:\/\/www.historiclespauls.com\/upload\/MauneyM_1149471279_PICT0042d.JPG"}[/img2]

:thu:

• Members

I guy brought me a Sterling Eddie Van Halen looking guitar to refinish. It was blue flame maple like the one pictured. I put stripper on on it and let it set. When I went to scrape the clear coat off I discovered that the blue flame maple finish was a photograph that was glued to the top of the guitar and clear coated. :lol:

[img2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"269","width":"480","src":"https:\/\/cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net\/5d256b248f1b48d0518d38d1424747a5-480-80.jpg"}[/img2]

• Members

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":32289266}[/ATTACH]

I guy brought me a Sterling Eddie Van Halen looking guitar to refinish. It was blue flame maple like the one pictured. I put stripper on on it and let it set. When I went to scrape the clear coat off I discovered that the blue flame maple finish was a photograph that was glued to the top of the guitar and clear coated. :lol:

[img2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"269","width":"480","src":"https:\/\/cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net\/5d256b248f1b48d0518d38d1424747a5-480-80.jpg"}[/img2]

The ol’ photocap! What did u refinish it with?

• Members

I don't know...I prefer a more traditional look, I'm very conservative when it comes to guitars.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"tokai long gaurd.jpg","data-attachmentid":32289306}[/ATTACH]

• Members

PLG, I like it. Then again, I'm a big fan of Agiles and the Rondo Music B&M was about a mile from my office here in beautiful NJ. When they were closing the store and going strictly on-line, they had a clear-em-all-out sale. I got an Agile spalted green LP, a red semi-hollow for my daughter and three basses, one a fretless 5-er in natural wood. All needed severe set-ups but none cost me more than $125. Still got 'em. No problems with the build or the materials.

I loved that place.

• Members

Barfburst

S**tburst

Periodburst

Grossburst

Tobacco sunrise diarrheaburst

Faded scrotumburst

Ballbagburst

[img2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"620","width":"448","src":"http:\/\/www.harmonycentral.com\/forum\/filedata\/fetch?photoid=32289147"}[/img2]

Archived