Sign in to follow this  
isaac42

Wireless bass

After I canceled the order, I went ahead and ordered it from another vendor. It arrived today. Tried it out tonight. Worked perfectly. No issues, even when out of line of sight. So far, so good.

Last night was the second test: using it on the same stage with the guitarist. Again, worked perfectly. No dropouts, no interference between the units. I'm happy with the performance.

• Like 2

Last night was the second test: using it on the same stage with the guitarist. Again' date=' worked perfectly. No dropouts, no interference between the units. I'm happy with the performance.[/quote']

Sounds like you found a winner. Congratulations and Happy New Wireless Rig Day. :thu:

Is there some reason you think wireless won't work with pedals? Seems like anything designed to plug into a guitar/bass amp (i.e., a wireless receiver) would also be able to plug into a pedal. If you're so dependent on pedals (except maybe a volume/expression pedal) that you can't stray more than a foot or so from your pedal board maybe wireless isn't for you but otherwise it shouldn't be an issue.

What I am saying is not that will not work with pedals you still would either need two transmitter-receivers if you used a pedal board or have your pedal board tethered to a guitar cable back to the amp.

Probably the best way is to put the transmitter out of the guitar and the receiver to the front end of the pedalboard. The pedal board is still bond to the amp by a guitar cable, but it's also limited by the access to a 120-volt line, unless the board runs totally on batteries.

It's good

I am still tethered to cables these days Mogwai cables, 18 footer golds. They seem to be nice. Light too, so they don't mess with my LR Baggs M radius pick up set up and pull the thing off the mandolin. The M Radius is just a stick on pick up with a carpenter clamp jack.

Like this

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"?format=1000w.jpg","data-attachmentid":32352272}[/ATTACH]

I don't go too far from a mic on stage.

Edited by Mikeo

The bass player in my band uses a wireless from the bass to the front of the pedal board. He keeps the board next to the amp cable length is 6ft at most. Unlike the guitar players that change sounds from solo to verse and chorus. He changes the sound only for whole songs. When I'm playing my bass I do the same thing though Instead of a pedal board I use Roland GT-1B and I'm only a sometimes bass player who mainly plays keys. But me having multiple instruments on stage I have to have a wireless. At one time I had a guitar, mandolin, bass and a stage piano on stage. I was sometimes tripping over cables and spending a lot of time rolling up or laying out cables! So now anything other than my boards get wireless.

What I am saying is not that will not work with pedals you still would either need two transmitter-receivers if you used a pedal board or have your pedal board tethered to a guitar cable back to the amp. . . .

Exactly. Find a place for your pedal board and connect it to your amp, with the shortest cable run you can manage. Connect the wireless receiver to the pedal board. Voila! You have wireless and a pedal board, you only need one transmitter/receiver, and you can still move around freely.

I can't be of any assistance. I'm still using X2 wireless units.

No worries, Thud. I'm liking the Shure GLXD14 I bought. So far, anyway.

The Shure GLXD16 wireless unit's receiver is a pedal. Also has a built-in tuner. That's what my guitar player is using.

https://www.shure.com/americas/products/wireless-systems/glxd-digital-wireless-systems/glxd16

That should be pretty nice, it's not super inexpensive either.

Easier done wireless. Time to bring back some old time rocking and the shoulder ride. I alwasy wanted to do that.

Knock em dead.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"csmwY0nICqtHhqrdfHME9tD6rYGNh7qtesYG5t-VqfQ.jpg?s=3b2b97f5cda51e43123e007c0c81593e.jpg","data-attachmentid":32354746}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"tumblr_o9cxenlfPO1rk26ano1_500.jpg","data-attachmentid":32354747}[/ATTACH]

Its not like you're going to be walking around with the pedal board so it makes no sense to have it wireless.

You'd need to run power to it anyway so a signal cable is no great addition there. Placing the receiver on the front end of the board is how its typically done.

I've never been a huge fan of bass effects myself so I'd never need for a pedal board playing bass. I might plug in a compressor/limiter if the amp didn't have one but that would be something that would run all the time and could be left with the amp, not on the floor.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none"' date='"data-size":"full","title":"41TGeoLgMDL.jpg","data-attachmentid":32328252}[/ATTACH']

Got a set of these Xvives. Cheap and seem to work well. I have to try them out in a band setting, but so far they seem to work fine for passive instruments. They did get a bit noisy with the Kala Ubass but have worked with everything else I've tried so far.

Those look like ear plugs. LOL

Those look like ear plugs. LOL

I guess they would work for drummers. No resistance when inserted deep into the ear canal.