Ampeg Opto Comp review

Here's a review that both bassists and guitarists will want to check out since the pedal is equally suited to use with both instruments...

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"opto-comp-main-378f2766.jpg","data-attachmentid":32269205}[/ATTACH]

http://www.harmonycentral.com/expert-reviews/ampeg-opto-comp-analog-optical-compressor

As always, if you have any questions or comments about the review, or the pedal, feel free to post them here. :wave:

• Members

I've always loved the sound of optical compressors over the straight transistor even since I traded a small stone for a Rolland AS1 back in the mid 70's

I still have it too. It runs on two 9V batteries and I eventually wired up an 18V power supply to run it without batteries.

There's something about the swell of an optic coupler works, which is exceptionally cool playing guitars. It may feel a but lagging at first but once you get used to it and can adjust your pick attack to match its sensitivity, you can do some really neat things with it. Excellent for getting controllable sympathetic feedback where the strings self sustain too.

Archived