Working with one of my favorite (non-local) bands

• Members

This weekend I am doing two days in two different locations in Illinois with one of my favorite (non local) bands, Jimmy and The Parrots. I have worked with them before, and I love them to death... and the feeling seems to be mutual. They are a very high energy band, that is very easy to work with and that makes my job a true joy.

It's weekends like this one coming up that I just love doing sound. And the weather appears to be willing to cooperate as well. Temperatures in the mid 40's to low 50's.

• Members

The show was indeed great. The Friday night show, the owner of the venue told Jerry later that it was the best he had heard that room sound... ever. And on Saturday night the crowd was more into the band, and they ROCKED THE JOINT.

Four weeks and I work with them again for a Parrot Head event called Stars Fell on Alabama, on the beach in Gulf Shores. Great band, nice guys, high energy... what more could you want?

• Members

Bretz is cool, and a decent stage. But the acoustics are not so good. Next time we do a gig there, we will be flying the speakers. It has a high vaulted ceiling. So flying the tops would work well. But we will need more helpers for that one.

The Friday night show was a basic gymnasium. But with the speakers up and pointed to the floor that really helped cut down on reflections.

Archived