McCartney's new album / two new singles...

• Members

you're right, i should have been clearer. he used to be a trend setter, is what i was getting at. i guess in your mind that ends at 30. whateva.

There aren't a whole lot of people who maintain the whole trend setter thing for decades.

I also don't think you have to be a trend setter to write great songs.

• Members

I miss George Harrison.

I miss a lot of stuff, particularly The Beatles.

But I try to move on.

Paul's a hard worker. I'll say that much for him.

I agree on his voice. Voices don't last. Neither does creativity, usually. Neil Young would be an exception to that rule, IMO.

Paul I don't even try to listen to any more. And I was a six-year old who scribbled my name under his on the back of Meet The Beatles while three friends were going to be the other boys. :facepalm: not. Pretty proud that I was so young and so Beatle. The moment I heard them on the radio that was IT. Can't really say the same thing about any other band.

Oh, what the hell, I'll listen to the tracks.:rolleyes:

• Members

Paul Simon.

that could be one of the exceptions, for sure!

doing “Graceland” at age 45 was pretty strong. Not sure he was really the first to go “world music” with his sound but it certainly introduced a lot of the masses to it.

Although I’d argue he wasn’t necessarily growing as a songwriter. Still some very strong stuff but it was more of a being able to keep the fires burning thing by putting he songs to new rhythms with new players.

Archived