New Speaker Cart from Ultimate Support

• Members

What a cool idea. The bummer is I've been waiting over a year for the utility cart and SP-90 or SP-100 speaker poles and they still aren't available. So needless to say I hold no hope that these will be available any time soon. I see somewhere available in Feb, but other places I see Q3-2011, which probably means Q1-2012 or later. Anyway, pretty slick.

Ultimate Support TS-1000

tile1-e.jpg

• Members

Thats a really cool idea. I dont like how the handle would be visible when the speaker is extended up though. I think they should make it so it folds back or something.

Clamp you some 500w halogen floods get a foot switch for them and blind the crowd a few times they want look at any more.

• Members

You know they should hook with Hoveround slap a ultra light motors along with some kind of wireless receiver come up with a smart phone app and you almost got a robo-roadie. Heck stick some flashing multi colored LED's for the deluxe model.

Not making fun of them I think their awesome and thanks for sharing :thu:

Any thing that makes things easier esp for us one man load in/out.

• Members

Interesting idea - however I'm not sure I see much benefit to it. Unless you're dealing with a truck with a ramp - you're still going have to remove at least the top speaker from the contraption in order to lift and load it into most vehicles. You'll also create what looks to be 4-6 inches of dead space between cabinets because of the wheels. You'll end up having to by a pair of 'em .... which likely won't be cheap. I'll stick with my faithful pnuematic tired hand truck (

• Members

Interesting idea - however I'm not sure I see much benefit to it. Unless you're dealing with a truck with a ramp - you're still going have to remove at least the top speaker from the contraption in order to lift and load it into most vehicles. You'll also create what looks to be 4-6 inches of dead space between cabinets because of the wheels. You'll end up having to by a pair of 'em .... which likely won't be cheap. I'll stick with my faithful pnuematic tired hand truck (

I had one of those wishful moments becuase I have to do the one man roadie chores from time to time.

• Members

Here's a video. About 2 minutes in they talk about the height. It supposedly will be able to go to 8' if needed. They only had a prototype at NAMM and he's talking about design changes so it sounds like they're nowhere near production on this. I get that you want to announce stuff at the "big show" each year, but how about getting out something..... anything.... that you announced at last year's show :rolleyes: One of those carts to his right was announced last year and there it is again this year and you still can't purchase one. Instead of getting one out the door they designed several more to add to their new "Coming Soon" line. I also find it humorous that they are demoing the thing with JBL JRX speakers and that the top box weighs more than 50 lbs so they can't demonstrate the speaker going up in the air by itself.

[video=youtube;llutzUrnRoo]

• Members

I get that you want to announce stuff at the "big show" each year, but how about getting out something..... anything.... that you announced at last year's show
:rolleyes:
One of those carts to his right was announced last year and there it is again this year and you still can't purchase one. Instead of getting one out the door they designed several more to add to their new "Coming Soon" line.

Kinda reminds me of the Peavey IPR Power Amps... How many years ago was that!

Archived