Something you maybe don't see every day

• Members

^this.

I caught myself saying this as I looked at the outside thermometer this morning:

"Hey, all right! It's warmed up to... Zero!!!"

For some reason, that just sounds wrong... especially after then looking at the calendar and noting it's a couple days shy of March.

This morning we have a few robins standing around in the frozen waste land previously known as our "yard". They're all puffy and looking around like: Who's good idea was it to fly here?

• Members

I figure I have ensured that it will never again snow in Michigan now that I own a snow blower that could clear the freeway
;)

It don't work that way (based on similar personal experience). Last summer I brokered some horse trading which resulted in one of my employees being fixed up with a new to him garden tractor assemblage... all the attachments including a get-er-done snow blower. This (garden tractor with snow blower attachment) was a new experience for my employee. Last fall he assembled and serviced his new riggin... ready to go at the drop of a hat... "bring on the snow"... figuring this would psych old man Winter out. Old man winter obviously either wasn't paying attention or was completely unimpressed as winter came early and dumped... and for the past 3 1/2 months has only relented at times just long enough to fake us out (like take the tire chains off the vehicles just long enough to put them back on). Anyhoo... so... my employee was sort-of egar to try out his snow blower... and he didn't have to wait very long. One thing he noticed (first few minutes out) was that as opposed to his old garden tractor snow plow blade set-up, the new get-er-done snow blower doesn't just push out of the way the snow buried plastic kid's stuff left on the sidewalk and driveway... but rather... well... "poof"...parts is parts.

Archived