Is anybody still here?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

Used to read this forum several times a day in the late 90's, early 00's. Got me through many loooooong and boring conference calls. Inspired me to fill up (and I mean FILL up) a bedroom which has given me a quarter century of some of the most pleasurable moments of my life. Much of what I have in my little music room is a direct result from the advice from posters then and their review of gear. Some of it worked out great (Anderson guitars) and some not so much (Eric C. Brown guitars). Got shelves full of pedals (almost a full wall), boxes of multi effects, a couple of amps (remember that TE Vellocette thread?), synth modules and CD-ROM's for the Akai, all from that era that I still use to this day. 

My covid project has been to try to put together a nice mix for recording CD's. Much of it is still H-C; most of the rack, the C-M compressor, Clyde wah, TCE SCF all came from those days. The newest additions, a SA Ventris and the DD-200  replaced H-C pedals. We've come a long way from Danelectro Convertibes into a Univox Fuzz into a Kustom amp, no?

1500339338_210124(2).thumb.JPG.ffb24ad7098906ee2885fb7979d25b77.JPG

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members
13 hours ago, Zer0beaT said:

Maybe we need a Battle of the Boards 2022 edition? 

Yeah - what happened to the 2021 edition?

This makes me sad really, used to love HC and I'd never have predicted the forum dying like this in 2005 (despite the date shown, I've been around since the late 90s when I found OLGA).

• Like 1

• Members
4 hours ago, Ancient Mariner said:

This makes me sad really, used to love HC and I'd never have predicted the forum dying like this in 2005 (despite the date shown, I've been around since the late 90s when I found OLGA).

I crowned Mr. Grumpy the 2021 champ. 

• Like 1

• Members
5 hours ago, Ancient Mariner said:

I've also been around a long time and yeah this place used to be awesome (this is not my original account, decided not to bother Phil about combining my previous account posts/join date, didn't care at that point)

Then things happened, then more and more things and they were all bad. 

I'm sure most of us are still out there in some way, on other forums. TGP is the easy one to go over to but it's worth just getting on some smaller forums, but they move slower. But TGP moves too fast and it's still a bit stuffy there. 

Still a forum I visit fairly often for a few minutes. The smaller ones satisfy a more personal niche. 

Edited by Zer0beaT

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I haven't been on here is a while. I was super active on Live Sound forum for a LOT of years but that faded out. I moved over to here some years ago, but the same thing started to happen. I feel like The Man Without a Country.  Actually I am more into GAS than ever in my life. I have spent most of my son's inheritance buying stuff I always wanted. LOL. Retirement is fun. Seriously, I did go upscale a good bit in terms of quality and somewhat in quantity of the gear. Maybe I'll try and get some pictures to put on here, if anybody drops by here to read posts now.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members
On 4/19/2022 at 9:40 AM, bieke said:

I remember you 

I think I used to have a 3MS Triwave Picogenerator that you previously owned

Oh you can't say 3MS man, you will get your ass sued off, better change that to 4MS. 

I once bought a 3MS Tremulus Lune kit, made a cardboard circuitboard for it, never got it working. The lights went on though, damn that was like 2 decades ago.

The pedal world is crazy now. 

I wonder what everyone is doing that got into this stuff 20+ years ago?

I still like simple pedals and hate digital menus, don't care about tap tempo, probably would love expression pedal stuff but don't bother. I'll be honest, I'm not gigging or even jamming, but I still love playing and still follow the pedals that come out because I just love getting lost playing guitar for my own statisfaction. 

Remember that guy that always wanted you to kiss his Boss FA-1? Kessler or something? Weird to think back on that stuff. 

• 3 months later...
  • Members
On 4/19/2022 at 3:40 PM, bieke said:

I remember you 

I think I used to have a 3MS Triwave Picogenerator that you previously owned

I bought it back from you and still have it... it has been broken with only one oscillator working... replaced a pot in the spiderweb and now it kinda works...