Yamaha DSR review

• Members

There's an offer of a free CD on SR if you audition these speakers at a GC, so that must mean they're in the stores! http://www.yamaha.com/dsr/freedvd/?keyword=DSRHC&type=custom&ref=&audienceId=17408721&tiid=6787

Found this review by one of the HC guys:

Hands-On Review

Yamaha DSR Powered Speakers

Great sound with state-of-the-art features

By Jon Chappell

Senior Editor, Harmony Central

It

• Members

There is one person at another forum that auditioned and purchased the DSRs over JBL and QSC after hearing them all side by side. The clarity was what that person sited for having reached his decision on.

• Members

Bring it on- it's good to have another serious contender at this price point. Still curious how the new Peavey Impulse 12D does with these competitors.

I haven't heard a review on the Impulse 12D, but isn't that the one with the ribbon tweeter?

• Members

OneEng wrote:

I haven't heard a review on the Impulse 12D, but isn't that the one with the ribbon tweeter?

Yes- "1200" watts, ribbon, 39 pounds, $799.

Which forum did you see the comparison btw the new Yamaha DSR, and the similar JBL and QSC offerings?

• Members

I haven't compared my new JBL 612m's to any of these others brands but I have to say I love 'em. They play better with my QSC HPR181i's than my PRX535's did and they're so light it's ridiculous.

I just got a pair of JBL PRX612M's and aren't they the greatest for the money?

Archived