A tad warm

steve mac

• Members

Took a quick selfie after two hour outdoor gig yesterday, playing in the shade but temps still around 94 plus. I tend to overheat when performing but you can clearly see where the guitar was against me. And it's only early May. Phew.

( t-shirts not my usual attire because of both style and heat but well won't make that mistake again)

d0c1fea974a5b6fefdf56b8b7e475fdb.jpg.146e359a3b1f2fcb2c296ec2abfe1e95.jpg

• Members

Outdoors in the summer I tend to do what the Caribbean people do.

A white T shirt for an undershirt to soak up sweat and a loose fitting, not-tucked in shirt for the cooling effects. The Latin Americans use guayabera shirts, but I prefer Tropical Print "Hawaiian" shirts.

Notes

• Moderators

I'll typically just wear a 100% cotton Hawaiian shirt, with no t-shirt. I once made the mistake of doing a summer gig in a silk one...never again. I love the feel of silk, but nothing breathes and absorbs like cotton...

I see Steve has added a bit of facial hair of late...as have I...

• Members

Since Ive been back in FL gigging outside in warm temperatures I started wearing the cooling water wicking material golf shirts. That sufficient head wear sunglasses sunscreen, and a high-powered blower fan is about the best u can do!

• Members

I do an outdoor gig once a week (the one where you so kindly visited us) and I have two 'squirrel cage' fans, one for each of us (we call it our fan club). This works well for us. It also works for outdoor evening gigs when the mosquitoes are out, they aren't strong enough flyers to overcome the breeze.

Notes

• Members

Thing is you rock up with a ton more equipment than I do so a couple of extra fans perhaps no bigley (just channelling the prez) deal. I was thinking more of a small desk type actually attached to my board aimed up my shorts leg :)

Aim this year is one trip load in/out, this has meant a redesign of my pedal board, new Atomic Firebox ampsim/effects pedal, a new stand bag (being delivered today) and when I pop over to the UK in June, coming back with a new gig bag to replace that heavy waste of space that is my hardcase.

Archived