Portable equipment lifts

• Members

I've been scouring the net for equipment lifts,,,something portable and reasonably affordable. I'm not referring to crank-stands for heavy speakers and such,,,, I'm thinking more along the lines of lifting something from floor-level, to a maximum height of maybe 4 feet, and a weight capacity of 100 lbs or so. One man operation, and something that can be easily stowed. Any ideas?

I did find one very cool looking device, with a small forklift attachment, but when I tried to open the link, it didn't work, Argghhhhh !!.

As far as a live-sound application goes, this device might be used for lifting a pair of U15p's from the floor (92.5 lbs each), to get them on heavy-duty crank-stands, or lift them off the stands at the end of a gig.

• Members

Turns out that what I'm looking for is generally called a "stacker lift". I'd probably be happy with a manual model (hand-crank). I've seen a few with magnesium frames, and I'll keep looking for pricing.

magnesium has great weight saving properties,,,but is a real bitch to repair if it breaks (boilermaker/welder,special class. by trade)

• Members

Turns out that what I'm looking for is generally called a "stacker lift". I'd probably be happy with a manual model (hand-crank). I've seen a few with magnesium frames, and I'll keep looking for pricing.

Yes, stacker lift it is:

http://www.nextag.com/hand-truck-lift/shop-html

I own one... it's a hydraulic type with a foot pump pedal.

It's heavy, and slow, and cumbersome, and limited in function, and was kind-of expensive... but very handy to have around for the applications that it does that nothing else will do instead.

Archived