Studio "Ghost" Stories?

• Members

This is a story I have never shared anywhere... however on this quiet Saturday afternoon I remember this session fondly a decade after it happened...

Around 10 years ago, a buddy and I were recording drum tracks at his basement studio. He was on drums recording and I was in the control room tending the DAW. Outside of the control room there was a hall. If you turned to the left you would go to the tracking room and studio office, if you went to the right you would go to the bathroom and a staircase that led you outside of the studio or if you turned right at the top of the stairs you would go into his aunts apartment.

We had been recording for about 15-20 minutes at that point and mid way through a take I felt the presence of someone walking into the studio. His aunt would stop in from time to time just to say "hi" to us. So when I felt the presence but did not see her, I just assumed she was hanging out in the hall waiting for the take to finish. When the take finished, my friend stayed behind the drums and looked up at me and said through the tracking window,

"Did you feel that?"

"Feel what?" I said.

"Did you feel the presence walk into the studio?"

I got immediate chills when he said that but not in a bad way.

I told him that I had indeed felt someone walk in.

He smiled at me and got up from the drums, walked out of the tracking room and came into the control room.

He proceeded to tell me how as a teenager he worked in a music store down the street.

He had grown close to the woman who owned the music store. She became a grandmother figure to him.

He told me that after she passed, she would often visit his studio.

He never saw her but felt her presence.

That day, I felt her presence as well.

It was an amazing experience. At first I felt a bit eerie about it but after a few moments as he proceeded to tell me how much she meant to him, I felt blessed to be there. I felt a strange connection to someone I had never met.

It was almost as if she just stopped by to hear what we were doing and then peacefully departed.

Archived