BIGSBY Retrofit Solutions by TOWNER

townerusa

• Members

Hey BIGSBY fans! If you have a symmetrical guitar with a stop tailpiece and you are interested in putting a BIGSBY on your guitar without drilling extra holes I have the BIGSBY retrofit system that you will want.

The TOWNER DOWN TENSION BAR mounts to the stop tailpiece studs in place of the stop tailpiece and has the ability to be raised or lowered to manage your guitars string tension.

The TOWNER HINGE PLATE ADAPTOR is designed to act as a retainer with the button screw placed through the strap button lifting the strap lock button or strap button above the slot through the BIGSBY B3, BIGSBY B6 (with B3 "ex-short" hinge plate only found in my store) and BIGSBY B7 hinge plates. Enabling easier access to the strap lock or strap button and providing relief from drilling in four extra screws in your guitar body.

Strap lock buttons such as SCHALLER STRAP Locks, DUNLOP Strap Locks and GROVER Strap Locks do not fit between the slot of the BIGSBY B3 and BIGSBY B7 hinge plates. But with the very inexpensive solution of the Hinge Plate Adaptor you can install SCHALLER STRAP Locks, DUNLOP Strap Locks and GROVER Strap Locks without a hitch. Providing a flat surface for the strap lock button above the hinge plate slot for easy access and perfect fit.

The TOWNER V.BLOCK System is designed for BIGSBY B3 vibrato tailpieces to fit on LES PAUL type guitars. The V.BLOCK acts simply as a 1/2″ shim to set back the BIGSBY B3 spring cup away from butting up against the right stop tailpiece stud or left stop tailpiece stud if you have a left handed BIGSBY B3 vibrato tailpiece. The V.BLOCK allows the BIGSBY to lay properly on the guitar body.

If you have any questions you can contact me here or from the website.

d0e78b8899cd4525c0f3c710d0ab28b9.thumb.jpg.5ebdd1f0efbd88333f557a728c17ea4f.jpg

Archived