eBay story/ heads up...

mr3lions

• Members

I havent used ebay in years. Found a pedal on there yesterday, bid and won. Paid via PayPal, seller shipped and all was good. When I got home and checked my email I realized I hadn't changed my address. I called eBay and they said only the seller can reroute so I need to contact him.

Here's where it gets weird.... The lady from customer support GAVE ME THE SELLERS HOME PHONE NUMBER! Support lady said it was ok, it's done alot, and not to worry about calling. I expressed my doubts several times she said this was the only way to solve it.

So... I actually contacted the seller. Thankfully he was really understanding and accomodati ng. If he would have got upset I completely would have understood but like I said he was good. Finally after more calls back to eBay I got help. Because I'm in Canada and he's in the US he sends it to the global shipping center. eBay has rerouted at the GSC. So I should get it.

Moral...check your address but more importantly you folks who sell on ebay may want to discuss your privacy settings.

Archived