Analyze this! ..please

Emu 6400

• Members

Hello, like Bowie said, along the lines; The only art i study is the one i can steal from.

Still early stages of understanding harmonising so here i am trying to crack another puzzle.

Not sure how "art" this synth patch is i'm trying to learn about but it consist of 3 layers.

higher register does down arpeggio

16th notes G D# D A# (this alone sound so good as a chord, i wonder what chord is it)

bass changes on first beat every second bar from G to down D

this gives me E flat Major, if it's right then D is 7th note of this scale. Quite interesting for a long bass note. Would have never thought about using 7th.

Now the middle register layer plays arpeggio up and i can't figure this out at all:

16th notes C# E G# A#

where does the C# and E come from and why it's suiting so well into all this.

I will appreciate every insight.

• Members
link?

I guess i could bounce it out. I'm not really trying to play it but to understand how it is written. It's likely harmonised for more than one instrument, in my case synth sounds. Do you think this is wrong forum and i might get my answer from somewhere where more song writers are hangin out rather than players? Thanks again!

• Members

You can try the keyboard forum or the guitar forum if there is no response there. There are people well versed in harmony here but they don't hang here and if they do show up it's to talk about other stuff. Introduce yourself, explain yourself there and somebody should respond. You can also PM Phil OKeefe or Dendy Jarrett and see if they have any advice on using the Forums.

Archived