Lovepedal Amp Eleven

KjStrat62

• Members

Requires membership. Is it a good place?

True story, for many years, one could not even MENTION the name of that forum here on H.C. That restriction has been lifted now. I still won't say the name on the forum because it's bad juju.

You just have to register, like you do here at HC. There's no membership fees. It's a pretty friendly forum, but like most forums it seems to have had it's traffic fall way off from just a few years ago. There's still TONS of good knowledge on there, if you can find it. There's tons of sub-forums. It's definitely for pedal and electronics nerds.

The reason for it's "forbidden forum" status is that their members - sometimes using a crowd funding - would buy and reverse-engineer "boutique" pedals to see how they tick. In quite a few instances, it was discovered that these boutique designs were actually direct or slightly-modified copies of other commercial or boutique pedals. Naturally, some pedal builders took exception to this (won't name names!) and threatened HC with lawsuits because the forum was used to disseminate the builders' "intellectual property" blah blah blah...

• Members

True story, for many years, one could not even MENTION the name of that forum here on H.C. That restriction has been lifted now. I still won't say the name on the forum because it's bad juju.

You just have to register, like you do here at HC. There's no membership fees. It's a pretty friendly forum, but like most forums it seems to have had it's traffic fall way off from just a few years ago. There's still TONS of good knowledge on there, if you can find it. There's tons of sub-forums. It's definitely for pedal and electronics nerds.

The reason for it's "forbidden forum" status is that their members - sometimes using a crowd funding - would buy and reverse-engineer "boutique" pedals to see how they tick. In quite a few instances, it was discovered that these boutique designs were actually direct or slightly-modified copies of other commercial or boutique pedals. Naturally, some pedal builders took exception to this (won't name names!) and threatened HC with lawsuits because the forum was used to disseminate the builders' "intellectual property" blah blah blah...

Hmm, I guess I could give up my spambox although if they are on that kind of footing, it makes me wonder if they'd track lurkers.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived