Best Free Synths Out?

Vexe

• Members

Hey guys. New here. I started an account on behalf of searching for a free synth vst that offers very high quality lead patches. I'm wanting some leads similar to what Jordan Rudess has on his Korg Kronos. I know that's a lot to ask for, but there has to be some affordable option out there. It's possible I can drop $50 on some software in a few weeks, but I'll give you list of what I'm using so far: Sylenth1, SuperTron 2.6, TAL- NoiseMaker, Crystal, and Kairatune. I like a lot of the sounds I'm getting out of these vsts, but it generally takes a very long time to get a sound I like. Even when I do create something plausable, I'm not sure if I would feel comfortable using it on a track. Most of the sounds I'm getting are a little weak/cheap sounding. They're free vsts so I can't complain, but I'm looking for something that sounds huge!

First of all, welcome to HC. :wave:

Are you running a Mac or a PC? Any particular plug-in format that you need? IOW, what DAW / host are you using, if any? Or are you looking for stand-alone synth apps?

Finally, do you have an iPad? You might be surprised by the number of cool (and relatively inexpensive) synth apps that are available in the App Store.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived