Help for reverb pedal + compressor

Madguitarixt

• Members

ב"ה

Hi guys, I need your help!

I need an affordable reverb pedal for my Vox AC15 HW that comes without. I heard good things about the TC sky surfer and the Mooer skyverb but I cannot decide.

Have you any experience with those pedals?

What about the yellow comp from Mooer?

Thanks!

Uri Baranes

I haven't tried any of those pedals unfortunately, so I can't say either way.

Are you looking for a good spring reverb emulator, or do you want something more elaborate?

As far as mini-sized compressors, the one I've been most impressed with is the Pigtronix Philosopher's Tone Micro, but it's definitely more expensive than the Mooer.

• Members
ב"ה

Hi guys, I need your help!

I need an affordable reverb pedal for my Vox AC15 HW that comes without. I heard good things about the TC sky surfer and the Mooer skyverb but I cannot decide.

Have you any experience with those pedals?

What about the yellow comp from Mooer?

Thanks!

Uri Baranes

No experience with those exact pedals, how ever I use a Hall of Fame pedal and I like it. With a quick search I see the Moorer Skyverb has some decent reviews for the price, the TC Sky Surf doesn't. The Moorer yellow compressor has decent reviews.

You can not set the attack or release level with that compressor. How ever it may be enough for you .IDK

The MXR Dyna Comp is a classic compressor.

Personally I don't think you need a tone control on a compressor. I use a Barber Tone Press and they are out there used for 100 bucks or less. Keeley is a big name out there that I have tried.

Change the HOF mini with your smart phone

[video=youtube;7VcK_tD9ZP8]

Your Vox HW is a nice amp, one of the nice ones Vox makes.

Save your pennies and dig a bit deeper into your pockets and you will be happier.

Just my 2 cents

Remember compressors and reverb unit eat up batteries like crazy.

• Moderators

First, could you define what you mean by affordable? How much are you willing to spend on each? Are you only looking for new units, or would you be willing to go with 'pre-owned'?

I have a couple of Mooer's mini pedals, and they are decent bang for the buck, but I have no experience with these specific models.

• Members

I just picked up a TC Electronics HOF2 reverb pedal yesterday ($149). My 2 main amps are a Princeton reverb and a Vox Night train combo. Both amps are 15 watts but the Vox is better for me when I play out as it's perceptibly louder (The Princeton is just not quite loud enough in a band situation without micing it).

The Vox's built in digital reverb sounds like @ss though so after doing a bit of research I settled on the HOF2. I haven't spent a lot of time with it yet but my early impressions are positive. I was playing with it yesterday on the "spring" setting through the Princeton with the amp reverb off & to my ears it sounded identical. It also has this cool shimmer setting which sounds awesome.

As far as compressors go, I've bought & sold a bunch before finally finding the "one" (Xotic XP). Been on my board a couple of years now & most always on when I play. think it was about $125ish...

24a19530aea82e8b0cbea80a8c2549e9.thumb.jpg.43b7ee04ac5e62c1bbbeaa3d59c7c10a.jpg

Archived