Wanted to wish you all..

daddymack

• Members

Happy, Joyous, Festive - that covers it.

Whether it is my holiday or someone else's holiday, wishing me something good gets one response. "Thank you!"

Any excuse for a party is fine with me, and wishing me a happy anything is greatly appreciated.

Now for a bit of fun...

"Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or the secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious or secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

"May you have a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2005, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped to make the World great and without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith, political belief, choice of computer platform, or sexual preference of the wishee.

"By accepting this greeting you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for herself or himself or others, is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and the warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher."

Happy holidays.

Notes

• Members

Only if you were kneeling on the roof, holding onto the roof rack. But that *is* a fine bit of winter skill -- how to maintain sufficient control of something that won't be controlled. 4wd is great to get moving, but no better than 2wd when it comes to stopping.

Find yourself an empty parking lot (should be easy enough today) and practice steering out of a skid. Perfect use of a rental car.

• Moderators
I echo the above (or is it reverb/delay). Much love from a snowed in Indiana

WTF are y'all doing in Indiana? I was just there in 2015...trying to get my #2 daughter to finish her Masters [which she did this past year! YAY!] and move back to California [which she is trying to do]

Steve, did you get down to Memphis?

Oh, and ....

HOPPY NUDE EAR !!!

• Members

We went to Indiana because we had never been and because of the song "Indiana Wants Me" apparently the first hit on Motown for a white artist.

Got to say as we drove in past all the religious billboards and heard it was dry on Sunday, didn't think it would be our sort of place and no disrespect to anyone but it wasn't.

So up and out this morning and drove out through Ohio back into Kentucky where we will be for a couple of days, tomorrow off to Sam Ash to spend some money.

Not going to Memphis this time as we were there a few years ago.

Archived