How do u use effects switchers?

mbengs1

• Members

I'm considering a effects switcher with 5 loops. it's the one control non-programmable switcher. How do I setup my effects with it? I was thinking of putting individual effects in each loop. the one control has 5 loops so i'd put phaser in the first loop, gain pedals+noise gate in the 2nd loop, flanger in the 3rd, chorus in the 4th loop, and harmonizer in the 5th loop. Is it proper to put the distortion pedals in the loop of the switcher or can I leave it out? I was thinking this switcher has 5 loops. there are other effects I want to get like a whammy, a univibe, a tremolo or vibrato. but it has only 5 loops so some effects will not go into the switcher. is this a bummer? :cool03:

• Members

Doesn't sound like you have enough pedals for a 5 way loop. Makes no sense putting a single pedal in a loop when you can simply use the pedal itself as a bypass.

The reason for having a loop switch is so you can bypass several pedals running at the same time. This way you aren't doing a dance turning many pedals on and off quickly during a song.

I recently built my own 2 channel loop which works fine for me. I'm able to take most of my pedals off line with it and reduce the tone sucking multiple pedals cause. Very simply to build actually. I think the total cost for parts was around $25

fetch?filedataid=127908

fetch?filedataid=127909

Archived