IEMs for JUST the singer.

• Members

I've got about a $500 budget to spend on some IEMs for just myself (not concerned with having a system that may adapt to the whole band). I need to be wireless, and I will be getting custom ear buds. I already went to the audiologist for the molds.

Any thoughts on a cheap, but reliable, system that fits in my budget? Thanks.

• Members

I'd go for the M2 - or better yet the M3 if you can swing it (and don't forget to shop for good used deals - you might find a Senny 300G2 or even G3 for similar money).

The Senny buds suck, I don't know about the ATs. I heard a standard Shure set that were pretty good, but no one knew which model they were (and they may have changed since then). I love my M-Audio IE-10, but they are discontinued and there's no parts or service available (grrrrr.....)

• Members

You need custom molded earbuds and get a stereo system who can run the buds in mono mode, so you can have clean vocals on one channel and foh mix (or whatever) on the other. That way you can dial in balance between vocals and backing on the stage.

Tried the PSM200 but it only have mono, limited dynamic range and was too noisy. Sound quality sucked too. Went to Mipro and everything was better + signal travels tru several thick concret walls without dropouts! Whole different world!

• Members

You need custom molded earbuds and get a stereo system who can run the buds in mono mode, so you can have clean vocals on one channel and foh mix (or whatever) on the other. That way you can dial in balance between vocals and backing on the stage.

Tried the PSM200 but it only have mono, limited dynamic range and was too noisy. Sound quality sucked too. Went to Mipro and everything was better + signal travels tru several thick concret walls without dropouts! Whole different world!

Never ever had an issue with noise in my 200s. Mono is more then enough for me since I already have a personal mix from the Mixwiz aux. No need for the tweaking since I get exactly what I need from the board. The 200s can go wired or wireless with an ambient mic right into the beltpack. It works awesome. We have never had drop outs and we have been through concrete walls. We occasionally take a walk through the crowd and sometimes into the parking lot without loss of signal.

• Members

As mentioned, Audio Technica M2. Overall a better deal than the Shure PSM200, which is mono and the AT M2 being stereo. Still, how are going to do custom mold ear buds for $100? Impressions are $50, that leaves $50 for the ear bud part and that's not going to happen. Even a cheap single driver custom buds are $160.

Archived