Some Nice Bigsby Work From Chet Atkins

• Members

I've long been a fan. He's blown me away when I've seen him play two songs simultaneously. Even his oldie stuff like "Mr. Sandman" never gets dated sounding.

But lately, and I hate to say this type of thing, but I think maybe, just maybe, Johnny A. is better in this "Chet Atkins style".

And another more "up tempo"

• Members

But lately, and I hate to say this type of thing, but I think maybe, just maybe, Johnny A. is better in this 'Chet Atkins style'...

It's a differnt time. Johnny is great and he learned from Chet as well as many other influences.

Guitar players in general are getting better because we all learn from each other and it's easier to share the gift than it has ever been.

• Like 1
  • Members

I am a bid admirer of Chet Atkins but, that video reminds me of how much better he sounded playing a Gretsch. He must have been kicking himself for squashing that endorsement deal with Gretsch. That Gibson in the video sounds pretty anemic even with Chet Atkins at the wheel.

Edited by 6down1togo