Fender's CB-60SCE acoustic-electric bass guitar

Phil O'Keefe

Interested in adding an acoustic-electric bass guitar to your collection, but are short on money? Then be sure to check out my review of the Fender CB-60SCE - it's a really nice little bass that will appeal to a lot of different bassists, despite its entry-level price tag.

cb-60sce-main-eb8b94cc.jpg.8a17d853021e3

http://www.harmonycentral.com/expert-reviews/fender-cb-60sce-acoustic-electric-bass

As always, feel free to ask any questions or make any comments you may have about the bass and / or the review. :wave:

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Hello I was wondering if you could give me the dimensions for this bass, can't find them anywhere. I'm looking for a hard case before I buy it and am at a crossroads as where to look. Thank you Todd.

Edited by daddymack
removed email addy, fixed spelling errors

• Moderators

A/E bass cases are available from Roadrunner, Gator, TKL, Ibanez....

I have noticed a trend recently where the big retailers do not include dimensional data with instruments, which really is dumb...but not as dumb as Fender who do not have the dimensions on their own specsheet, and gee, they only offer an optional soft bag for it. That said, most acoustic bass cases should accommodate this model, since the scale is 32", not 34"

On 3/14/2020 at 6:33 PM, Toddus1 said:

Hello I was wondering if you could give me the dimensions for this bass, can't find them anywhere. I'm looking for a hard case before I buy it and am at a crossroads as where to look. Thank you Todd.

Hi Todd, 

Unfortunately I don't have the bass here anymore (it was a review unit loaner) so I can't measure the body and give you specifics - it's a concert-sized body, and fairly small, but I don't have the exact measurements and they're not listed on Fender's site either.

My recommendation would be to contact either Fender or Sweetwater (who has them in stock) and see if they can provide the dimensions for you as well as recommend a case. 

https://shop.fender.com/en-US/acoustic-basses/concert/cb-60sce-bass/0970183006.html

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/CB60SCEINAT--fender-cb-60sce-natural

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • Members
16 hours ago, gspointer said:

Looking at a new one at Sweetwater it seems there is a battery compartment next to the output jack.

fishman-battery-and-output-jack-60e5f824

Exactly.

If you can't open it, it's either broken, manufactured poorly, or the battery was left inside so long that it is corroded.

Hopefully the guy figured it out in the last  year.

There will not be much sound coming out of a bass like this unplugged. Good enough for practicing in a bedroom.

After you plug in, it's pretty much an electric bass.

Breedlove makes am interesting acoustic bass, it has a deeper body. More money too. A buddy of mine give me a Kala U Bass about 10 years ago. It's small, but interesting and plugged-in has a very double bass tone.  The string with stretch like crazy over time. I plug it in through a old SWR California Blonde.

Check em both out before you drop a  dime on the Fender. I love Fender classic electric instrument products for the most part.