Gary Clark Jr.

strayGoat

• Members

he's the reason why i listen to the blues again and more often....

i really love the muddy waters, j.l.hooker, robert johnson b.b. king etc but for some longer time i got really sick of the repetive humphumphump 1-4-5 stuff.

there was nothing fresh or new coming out, the guys who played the blues were well pros but boring (i have one name in my i head i do not want to tell:))

but then i stumbled accross gary clark jr... wow, thats what i'm talking about

now i'm back to hendrix and all my old cds i haven't put into the player for years..

yeah still listen to the new rasiohead stuff :)

i hope gary makes a visit again over the pond, last tiome i missed him...

• Members
he's the reason why i listen to the blues again and more often....

i really love the muddy waters, j.l.hooker, robert johnson b.b. king etc but for some longer time i got really sick of the repetive humphumphump 1-4-5 stuff.

there was nothing fresh or new coming out, the guys who played the blues were well pros but boring (i have one name in my i head i do not want to tell:))

but then i stumbled accross gary clark jr... wow, thats what i'm talking about

now i'm back to hendrix and all my old cds i haven't put into the player for years..

yeah still listen to the new rasiohead stuff :)

i hope gary makes a visit again over the pond, last tiome i missed him...

Well said! I still love even the repetitive, hackneyed Blues stuff, but the artists who really flip my sh*t and keep me interested are the rare few who pop up every now and then with a completely fresh, original take. GCJ definitely is one of those guys. What got me really interested in Blues in the first place was Robert Cray in the 80's. Just a completely new sound/tone/approach in both his playing and vocals. You know instantly when you're hearing him play. Gary Clark Jr. is equally original, different, unmistakable.

Archived