Small body guitars

Chordite

• Members

By chance I bought a small body full scale 25.5" guitar. It is one of the old India made Encores that are developing a following in the eccentric circles that I and youtubers like "reloved guitars" inhabit

I gotta say it is really nice to throw around. It was part of a job lot but I have decided to keep it because as I get older weight is becoming an issue it never was.

Anyone else played, love or hate a small body guitar ?

Technically' date=' Mustangs are a small body guitar, and Affinity Squiers are thin bodied. I love my Mustang.[/quote']

Yup - Mustangs are usually considered smaller bodied guitars, but they're actually as long as, if not a bit longer than a Strat. They're definitely narrower in width though. Music Masters / Musicmasters and Duo Sonic II's have the same basic body shape.

I love mine too. I have one of each. :)

Another smaller body design with a full scale neck from Fender / Squier would be the S series Bullets, like the Bullet S-3. It's kind of like a shrunk-down Strat body with a very thin but still full-scale (25.5") Tele neck on it.

01.jpg

• Members

I owned a Fender S-3 Bullet, it ended up getting heavily modded over the years. I had a humbucker installed in the bridge pickup position, and then later installed Seymour Duncan "stacks" - an early noiseless strat pickup design. Then the neck got broken, and a local luthier* replaced it with some generic stratocaster neck (Schecter, maybe?) That thing played wonderfully! It was light and comfortable to play. Then it got stolen out of my car... :(

I owned a Fender S-3 Bullet, it ended up getting heavily modded over the years. I had a humbucker installed in the bridge pickup position, and then later installed Seymour Duncan "stacks" - an early noiseless strat pickup design. Then the neck got broken, and a local luthier* replaced it with some generic stratocaster neck (Schecter, maybe?) That thing played wonderfully! It was light and comfortable to play. Then it got stolen out of my car... :(

Sorry yours got stolen... so were two of my S-3's. :( I really liked those guitars a lot - like you said, they were very comfortable to play.

• Members

Here's the Mustang ala carte.

AAlGOyF.jpg

Here's my Epiphone S-800 in the same case for comparison.

B2qqQYn.jpg

Here's my Les Paul Custom compared to the Mustang.

YO1s1Zl.jpg

This is the side of the Mustang.

4zsfky9.jpg

I'll leave you guys to judge.

This is my Rickenbacker 620/12. It's smaller than its 360 counterpart, and most Ric players regard it as a much smaller guitar because of the shorter scale length and thin body.

rMdOfTz.jpg

FVd33Yy.jpg

• Members
Here's the Mustang ala carte.

AAlGOyF.jpg

Here's my Epiphone S-800 in the same case for comparison.

B2qqQYn.jpg

Here's my Les Paul Custom compared to the Mustang.

YO1s1Zl.jpg

This is the side of the Mustang.

4zsfky9.jpg

I'll leave you guys to judge.

This is my Rickenbacker 620/12. It's smaller than its 360 counterpart, and most Ric players regard it as a much smaller guitar because of the shorter scale length and thin body.

rMdOfTz.jpg

FVd33Yy.jpg

I have a 6 string version of your 620-12.

The body is small for sure.

The neck is a bit strange on my 620, compared to the other Rickenbackers I have.

It takes me a bit to get use to it, if I have not played it for a while.

The fret scale on Ricky guitars are 24-3/4, expect for those vintage 325's /350's which have a really small scale and feel like kiddy guitars.

• Members

this Cort, even though it is a Cort , is a thing of wonder to me I play it a lot:)

F1d438f.jpg

some may say its a ladys guitar not me it's an anyones guitar but it is light and small I havent got rid of it yet that says a lot to me :) best punk grunge thing ever imho sounds grungy when pushed unique gain distort sound. Open, no distort, gain effects it sounds like an angels harp to me..sustenance :) .just plain nice easy to "play" comfortable :) I like it a lot who would have thought ? :) I saw a black one with a wham bar thing 2 p/u 80 bucks beat but everything was ok woulda shoulda coulda ....was gone the next day 80 bucks this white thing was 75 at the pawn I've gotten 75 bucks worth of happy out of it spent more than 75 on things that made me happy for a much shorter time 75 bucks well spent that day to me :) unreal slide machine too :)

what do you think ?

Archived