Yep...It matters....not that it should be a suprise

soundcreation

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, why are you putting this in the middle of a post that I might not see for a day or three instead of sending me a PM or flagging the post? I should hear about it whenever someone is stalking, or threatening someone, or contacting someone off-site uninvited... not one of those things has been reported to me. And no, none of them are acceptable here. Why didn't you notify us and send us evidence or flag the posts with those things in them so we can address them???

I'll play whack a mole with every single beback alt you make if need be and even file a complaint with your ISP if I have to. Don't threaten us. This isn't your site. You'll follow the rules here like everyone else, or you won't be welcome here anymore. :cop::evil:

See you in six months... that's just for now, for what you've said / done in this thread. I reserve the right to reconsider, and even issue a permaban at a later point upon reviewing any evidence submitted to me pertaining to some of the other claims people have made in this thread about your actions.

this is a message i just received from bucksstudent

Screen%20Shot%202017-09-18%20at%2012.23.41%20pm_zpsmd3yvjmd.png?t=1505615525

Thanks for taking the screen shot. You should have sent me a PM with it...

the fact that he's been allowed to continue to post here after contacting knotty's partner is completely unacceptable to me....

When? Can you PM me a link?

he did threaten honeyiscool when honeyiscool gave an honest summation of some music he'd posted....

Threatening someone is never allowed here, and a good way to get a permaban. Again, it was never reported (unless this is something that happened long ago?) I see he partially admitted to it, which I will address momentarily, but again, this should be reported when it happens folks!!!

he recently publicly posted another forum member's name on the forum...

Again, LINK? Revealing personal information about people (whether true or not) is NEVER acceptable here!

he's gone after soundcreation's personal details in this thread....

He mentioned a country... based on soundcreation's own posts, that's not news. It's not outing something if the person previously mentioned the information themselves.

now he's threatening me

Indeed... and as I said, now that I know, I'll be addressing that in a moment... but again, you should have reported this.

i've stuck around here when many left, due to an affection i have for the place....but i've had enough... the moderators have allowed this unhinged, stalkerish behaviour to continue... and it is, as i said, completely unacceptable to me

As it is to us too... but again, in order to do something about it, I have to know about it first. I'd appreciate it if you (and anyone else who has info about the things you said Bucksstudent said / did) would please PM me the links, screenshots, etc. so I can look into it and log it all for future reference. I'd like to have it all documented.

In the meantime, he's banned for six months... and that's almost certain to be lengthened or even made permanent, depending on the evidence submitted to me regarding the rest of the claims that were made. The threat in the screen shot alone is enough to justify a perma-ban, but again, I'd like to have documentation on the rest if I could please, so send me the links folks.

Two important notes: If you DON'T report it, DON'T assume we will always see it, or see it right away!!! FLAG anything that is out of line please!

Secondly, if anyone sees a Bucksstudent alt show up, flag the post immediately.

DO NOT RESPOND TO HIM IN ANY WAY.

If I see anyone responding to a suspected Buck alt for any reason, I'll ban them for three days or a week, along with permabanning Buck's alt - and Buck's main account.

Well, bye.

Honeyiscool actually directly and personally insulted me.

Then you should have reported it.

He didn't listen to my music,

If you posted it, you have no way of knowing if he did or not.

and never gave an opinion of it. I told him he was an internet tough guy who was about 90 pounds soaking wet, and he was welcome to meet me in person to show me how tough he was.

And that kind of a "meet me outside" thing is against the rules here - grounds for a perma-ban. By your own admission, you took it there, not him.

I was angry because of what he said to me. Ever said anything you regretted while upset?

Sure... but we're talking about you now. And what you should have done is report his insult, instead of making threats.

Mbengs literally didn't care about his name being posted, especially since he posted a link to his Soundcloud which has his name.

Unless they post it HERE themselves, you're not to reveal personal information about people. Obviously he doesn't care too much if he's referring people to a site with his name on it, but it's still not your place to post that information here if he hasn't done so himself.

I went too far with Knotty, apologized to him, and we're solid. You also failed to mention how he and Dave Aronow went on a tangent against me for several pages. I contacted Dendy Jarrett and Phil about it. They did nothing.

You never contacted me that I recall... :idk: (Edit: Apparently this was years ago - sorry I forgot about it. I still don't recall the details.)

I settled it my way.

Doing things "your way" is one of the reasons you're banned ATM and will quite possibly end up being perma-banned.

If the mods did their job,

You'd be banned. Which you are.

it wouldn't have happened. But like I said, I apologized to Knotty, and he forgave me.

Glad to hear it.

Soundcreation is from Taiwan. He's publically posted about that several times. I didn't dox him.

As I previously noted.

If I did, I would've posted more than just a legit question about him having political opinions about American politicians while he is unable to vote from Taiwan.

Americans overseas can vote using a mail-in ballot. You're making assumptions and comments that are really kind of creepy. Who cares where he lives or who he votes for or whether he does so with an absentee ballot or not? And furthermore, politics are not to be discussed in the on-topic music forums - if you folks want to talk politics, please take it to the political forum. Those discussions don't belong in here.

Listen, you have issues. You managed to gather all of this info on me, yet you neglected to give both sides. I PMed you not long ago asking you to stop.

I said if you left me alone, I'd leave you alone. Did you comply? Nope.

If you have an issue with another forum member and you've asked them to leave you alone, add them to your ignore list. Ask me if you need to learn how to use that. If problems persist, send me a PM. But don't PM threats to other members like you did to mistersully.

I don't care if I get banned. I've been banned from places before. I have nothing to lose here.

I don't enjoy banning anyone, but I do expect people to follow the rules here, and the reason you're on a long (most likely to be extended) ban is because you have not followed the rules of the site. If you can't follow the rules, then I would suggest you find someplace else to post. You're not going to be welcome here.

• Members

Haven't seen a thread quite like this since ianmitchell and all of the alts associated with it. I can only hope mistersully and possibly Knotty (if you see this) come back,

It is definitely one of those topics, in the music world, that really gets people's blood boiling on both sides.

Not sure if the thread can recover, but personally, I agree a lot with Grant, one species may Typically provide warm/bright/dark/etc but the degree of which is completely dependent on the particular piece used.

• Members

I will add that great luthiers have the training and experience to know what the impact of a great piece from a particular species will likely have, in combination with other great pieces.

As the grade of the wood components (tap tone) goes down, the effect of the wood on the whole guitar reduces and it becomes mostly pickups. This leads to the widely held belief that wood doesn't make a noticeable difference, because it's true up until a certain grade.

• Members

It's a hotly debated topic. I expected there to be strongly-held opinions presented on both sides, and I'm totally fine with that. :)

The personal attacks, threats, and other things that violate the site rules are another matter entirely... :cop:

I think one of the problem is people don't know what an opinion is. An opinion is a view that isn't based on fact. Too many people think their opinions are facts and therefore right.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Wow...BuckStudent was just appointed a 'Moderator' Oops...Administrator on another website...he seems like the 'voice of reason' 😇over there..but Dayum...man is acting like a bit psychotic over here...

other website has two members and two administrators..

'Chief to Indian' ratio is a bit askew.

Bucky, Bucky, Bucky...

chill, don't blow an 'O' ring out of your arse.

BTW, I love to use Ellipses as an intentional affection of my writing style.

😎

• Members

Really entertaining thread . . . :snax:. . . Very emotional sm-explode

As far as the actual topic goes: Yes, I heard the differences . . . But does it matter? To me, no. No matter what guitar I have I'm just gonna feed it into a fuzz or distortion pedal and let rip. I'm a dirty, most dirty man. However, if I was a player striving for super-anally clean tones, tasting the bouquet of myriad, subtle tonal nuances with my bat-like hearing, then it would matter, indeed.

• Members
Wow...BuckStudent was just appointed a 'Moderator' Oops...Administrator on another website...he seems like the 'voice of reason' 😇over there..but Dayum...man is acting like a bit psychotic over here...

other website has two members and two administrators..

'Chief to Indian' ratio is a bit askew.

Bucky, Bucky, Bucky...

chill, don't blow an 'O' ring out of your arse.

BTW, I love to use Ellipses as an intentional affection of my writing style.

😎

Did you mean...affectation, as in a behavior, speech, or writing that is artificial and designed to impress?

• Members

You know? some people really don't have the ears to hear. Which reminds me of a man called Ray who sang in a variety band I played in. The guy had a deep Elvis type tone to his voice.. But you had to keep an eye on him or you'd end up with burnt out diaphragms in your horns. He'd point that mic where it should not be pointed and the horns would feedback. He couldn't hear those frequencies so he'd stand there looking stupid while we were screaming RAY! i'd grab for the volume controls. So there are some out there that can't hear certain freqs. I've heard many guitarist with terrible tone too. No use getting into a argument about it because they hear what they hear even if they can't hear.

• Members
Really entertaining thread . . . :snax:. . . Very emotional sm-explode...

That's what Phil O'Keefe seems to aim for in his forums. He wants to punch the audience in the gut with all that raw emotion.

The risk to that approach of course, is that a thread or two might descend into personal melodrama. Not faulting or blaming Phil. He’s a born-impresario. And HC EGF is a big production. If he’s got an entertaining cast, why not let ‘em put on a show? And it’s only natural two more highly-strung artists might come to blows. It happens.

Melodrama can be explosive. I've seen audience members tear each other to pieces once a a show started getting melodramatic. It happens.

Archived