VOX Adio Air Gt (new guitar practice amp).

Oilid

• Members

Merci! Hadn't heard of this model. On this trip to US I got the Katana mini, but will put on my list for next trip. I am always on the lookout for another battery powered amp (I play at the beach). Weight comparable to Fender Mustang Mini. Katana weighs as much as lunchbox with apple in it. I like the looks of Vox, reminds me of bird cage stadium in Beijing. I am not big fan of THR: it shuts down on batteries if you drive it too much, the effects are like all on full with just a slight turn... this doesn't seem to have those issues.

• Members
Merci! Hadn't heard of this model. On this trip to US I got the Katana mini' date=' but will put on my list for next trip. I am always on the lookout for another battery powered amp (I play at the beach). Weight comparable to Fender Mustang Mini. Katana weighs as much as lunchbox with apple in it. I like the looks of Vox, reminds me of bird cage stadium in Beijing.[b'] I am not big fan of THR: it shuts down on batteries if you drive it too much, the effects are like all on full with just a slight turn[/b]... this doesn't seem to have those issues.

I have a THR classic, and the effects sweep is very touchy.

I haven't had mine shut down, but tonight I'll drive the hell out of it and see what gives.

Most nights I plus my pc in to the aux and practice what I need too.

I'm not really a high gain player and it works for me.

• Members

I have a THR classic, and the effects sweep is very touchy.

I haven't had mine shut down, but tonight I'll drive the hell out of it and see what gives.

Most nights I plus my pc in to the aux and practice what I need too.

I'm not really a high gain player and it works for me.

Yeah. If you're not a hi-gain dude, save your money & go for the THR10.

• Members

Would be interesting (if someone didn't mind voiding the warranty) to put a couple of speaker out jacks and run into a stereo cabinet with some 10's or 12's (noticed in specs the internals are 8 ohm). I have a little Vox AC1 (9 volt pocket amp) that friend and I hooked to JBL PA speaker. It drove it and sounded alright....

Archived