Sign in to follow this  
Idunno

Long time singing

Many years ago I began singing popular songs when the moment was right and that meant I was usually alone and far from anyone's ears. Publicly, I still tend to be private with it but occasionally I let my guard down. Anyway, this forum has been around a long time but I never thought to get some feedback from it. This is my first time asking. If you can be bothered please write me up. Thanks.

https://app.box.com/s/2mw9tt3qttknuj1rmksw5aj2ym5xqee9

Thanks for giving the song a listen. This site I've used a lot, this forum no, and never for soliciting feedback regarding my singing. Of course, a fleeting memory might show something different.

I have a higher range that might sound Danny Boy-ish but otherwise there's no hint of a brogue in it that anyone has ever mentioned to me. You are the first to detect Irish. I've never been there, though I'd like to visit. Maybe it's a hold-over from a previous life? I do like the Uilleann pipes.

The recording gear is a Zoom H4 recorder across and small room from a Fishman SA220 acoustic amp. The Guitar is a Yamaha classical, plugged into the amp's Ch1. The vocal mic is a Shure SM58 in the amp's Ch1. I wrote the song.

I brought an original song here to assess my singing without the handicap of familiarity (published music) affecting the way I'd sing a song or be perceived.

Thanks again.