Roland Go Piano, or any other travel/rehearsal pianos

Iron Worm

• Members

Hi there!

Once I had my account here, but I stopped using it quite a while ago and thus it was removed. So I decided to join again...

Well, on to the main thing. I am considering getting a travel/rehearsal piano. I am searching among models, and I have come close to choose among two or three: Roland Go Piano, Yamaha Piaggero (61 or 76) and, if I find it, a second hand Piaggero NP80. I am discarding the typical portable keyboards because of features and size.

For the Yamaha ones I can find resources, but where can I find reviews, opinions or any things about the Roland Go Piano? I have seen youtube videos and ok, the thing looks interesting, but before I can test it (in 15 days I will be able to) I would appreciate opinions and reviews... and I have not seen much. The main thing for me about the Piaggeros is the lack of organ sounds (apart from the NP80); they have a couple of... church organs! I don't care about these, I want a bluesy or jazzy organ, and they do not have one. The piano sound on them is really lovely. Its touch feel is nice too, I have assumed these pianos will not be hammered/weighted. How is the Roland Go Piano's touch feel? Not comparable to stage piano, ok, but... 'tasty'?

I actually own a Casio Privia PX110 which I plan to sell; I would prefer another of this kind, but able to play with it on stage, with an output capable of connecting it to a PA. I will take on it later, by the moment I plan to get a rehearsal keyboard, close enough to a piano one.

I am in Spain, so don't think about buying my Privia unless you live close! :D

Thank you all.

Archived