I need live monitor suggestions:

• Members

I've got an old Boss Me5 like that around here somewhere.

Nice!!! I got that brand new for my 19th birthday. December 1988!!!

I got the tuner for my 17th birthday.

Both are still going strong!!

:thu:

(22 & 23 years old. I'm 41)

• Members

Nice!!! I got that brand new for my 19th birthday. December 1988!!!

I got the tuner for my 17th birthday.

Both are still going strong!!

(22 & 23 years old. I'm 41)

That's impressive, especially since it looks like you've used the hell out of it.

• Members

That's impressive, especially since it looks like you've used the hell out of it.

Yeah!! I've been in bands since I was 14. I put black duct tape over the 2. Usually I run my dirty sound in manual mode, where you can turn each effect on or off. 2 = OD, so it gets used all the time. The tape prevents dirt etc from getting in there & mucking things up!! So I just have a basic clean/dirty thing going on. Not switching between patches for every song.

I'm a "screw it, clean or dirty. Let's do this" kinda guy. I find my Jems give me some variety in tone as well, with the different pickup configurations. I can even fake an acoustic tone, with positions 2 and 4, and rolling back the volume a bit. There's also a volume pedal, which is handy for when we run sound from the stage. I set my lead volume, then back it off for rhythm. Also good for tuning as well.

:love:

I like it, because it's mostly analog, it's metal not plastic, and there's not a million things to choose from. The new ones, where do you even begin. It's served me well the last couple of decades, so I'm not on the eternal hunt for some magic pedal to improve my playing, or the flavor of the week pedal either.

I say if it works, ya stick with it. It runs to my 1984 JCM800 over a 212 cab.

Archived