What Was Your First Amp

gardo

• Members

In July of 1977 I got my 1st amp from Veneman's Music Store in Greenbelt, MD.

SG Systems 610 Amp. The head had a built in Maestro Phase Shifter, Reverb & Distortion.

The cabinet had 6-10 inch speakers. Heavy as hell & hard to move.

It was my 1st amp & the 1st piece of credit I obtained. Financed by HFC.

Edited by bernardo gui

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

[uSER=48568]Axisplayer[/uSER] : Yes, the Hagström was cool (I really regret selling it), but didn't actually sound that good. As it was small it was easy to overdrive, but essentially a bass amp it had no good clean guitar sound (but was even worse for bass)...

• Members

A Musiciman 210 HD 65 watt combo.

Music_Man.JPG

I didn't care for it so I sold it when I bought a Fender Twin Reverb. The Twin cost me the amp and 125 bucks.

I still have the Twin Reverb

Edited by Mikeo
  • Like 3

• Members

That requires some thinking..... Ok, flip top Ampeg for bass, I think it was a 60 watter tube, followed by a Ross SS. Then an Oliver G150R that was my main amp for years and years, until it decided to put on a 4th of July show. I took it to Danny's amp service in north Jersey, where they pronounced it DOA.

I was given a Roland blues Cube 60, the old one, to use for promo, and it has stayed with me since the 90's.

Edited by badpenguin

• Members

That wooden Crate was everywhere. I can't count how many I have seen over the years. It was actually kinda OK for what it was, and what it costs. It was a great little practice amp because it was light and you couldn't really hurt the cabinet since there was no tolex or finish to worry about. I wouldn't mind having one, although I never did.

• Members

Yes Gardo it was, which is why the circuitry met Mr Sledge Hammer. It was the only safe option, since I couldn't find the circuit fault I couldn't use it or sell it after that, shame but I wouldn't want anyone else to suffer that. I Kept the speakers but destroyed the faulty circuit board. :)

• 1 month later...