I need a new power supply for my Digitech RP100 effects unit?

mbengs1

• Members

I found this adapter on ebay. I wonder if it will replace my original PS0913B-230 adapter.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-DC-Power-Supply-Adapter-Cord-for-DigiTech-PS0913B-120-HPRO-HIPRO-Harman-PRO-/272484255749?epid=1439856928&hash=item3f7153c805:g:hgkAAOSwLzdWTus1

​I think it's not original and is a duplicate of the Digitech adapters. The problem is it's power consumption is only 1000ma when the RP100 draws 1300ma. Will this adapter work with my Digitech RP100 with the lower current rating?

• Members

The specs for the RP100 say it draws 1.3 Amps or 1300mA (http://digitech.com/en/products/rp100a). A power supply that puts out only 1000mA might work but I wouldn't risk it. Here's one that's rated 2A (2000mA) and it's pretty cheap: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Guitar-Effect-Pedal-Power-Supply-Adapter-US-9V-2A-for-BOSS-DOD-DUNLOP-DIGITECH-/401291463257?epid=678167608&hash=item5d6ed5ca59:g:HpsAAOSw4CFYyPcV.

• Members

NO. the ps0913b puts out 1300 milliamps of AC at 9 volts.

i couldn't find a real ps0913b under $24.95, but this should work

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-AC-POWER...-/222463730775

edit:

i have 4 913A/Bs for my digitech XP and EX7 pedals

[ it's 9 volt AC with a standard 2.1mm barrel plug. ]

page 27 of the rp100 manual says it takes 6AA batteries or 9 VAC, 1.3A (PS0913B)

220/30/40 trolled

• Members
The specs for the RP100 say it draws 1.3 Amps or 1300mA (http://digitech.com/en/products/rp100a). A power supply that puts out only 1000mA might work but I wouldn't risk it. Here's one that's rated 2A (2000mA) and it's pretty cheap: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Guitar-Effect-Pedal-Power-Supply-Adapter-US-9V-2A-for-BOSS-DOD-DUNLOP-DIGITECH-/401291463257?epid=678167608&hash=item5d6ed5ca59:g:HpsAAOSw4CFYyPcV.

​how do I know it will fit my RP100? it might be a different size plug. like I went to the store yesterday to try the PS200r Digitech power supply and it was too big. I think the listing should say it fits the PS0913B adapter.

• Members
The plug on Digitec stuff is unique as is the power supply.

Why don't you just buy and exact replacement. This ones made for they're pedals. I have two of them to run my digitec stuff.

​It's too expensive. more expensive than the unit itself. plus this shipping is outrageous too. this rp100 is really cheap. I don't wanna invest too much in it. maybe I will buy a new multi effects like a line 6 pod X3 or somethin..

• Members

You can't buy the power supply from Digitech, it is a discontinued product. Once a product is discontinued by Harmon Kardon/ Digitech, they no longer support the product or carry parts.

It's really the worse company going. Too bad they own Lexicon, AKG ,SoundCraft and JBL.

Junk consumer electronics other wise.

It's an AC-AC power supply that delivers 9 VAC at 1300 mA. The RP200 power suplly is the same, and the 300, I believe is the same too.

• Members

Buy a power supply that puts out the correct voltage and go to an electronics store and buy the correct plug and solder it on the end of the cord. You can spend money, time, or effort, or a combination of the three. Your choice.

• Members
What happened to the original power supply?

​It just broke... after using it for 3 years on all 166 songs I've written. At least I get to use the effects on my digital recorder which sound better supposedly since it's derived from the boss GT-10. but I wanna keep this rp100 since it sounds good enough for me.

• Moderators

please explain what you mean by 'just broke'...ceased to function? Burst into flame, housing cracked? wires pulled out?

As noted by DeepEnd, if you can find a similarly powered and 'isolated' wall wart, you have the connector from thw old supply, and should be able to combine the two fairly easily. But if repair is a simple matter, then...voila!

I'd buy a generic replacement AC adapter (making sure it had sufficient amperage and the correct voltage, and was an AC to AC adapter like the product requires) and just solder the old plug on to the new adapter's cable - after making sure I knew the correct polarity... that's your cheapest option - much cheaper and more environmentally friendly in the long run vs. using batteries.

• Members

Been down that road using generic supplies. The digitec stuff is real finicky about its power supply. I had one adaptor that was the right power and amperage and the pedal wouldn't boot up. I plugged the right one in and it worked fine. I still don't have a clue as to why (and I'm a tech)

I'd need to crack one open actually see what is in there. I'm thinking its some kind of AC voltage regulation. I have 4 different digitec units and several rack units. They work fine with the proper adaptors but they don't like generics.

I have the same issue with Alesis rack units. If the adaptor isn't an exact match they don't work right.

• Moderators

I said at least...if your session runs 3-4 hours, they should hold up...but I can't vouch for the quality of batteries that you get in the PI, kaibigan :wave:

YOu still didn't answer my question about the original power supply...WHAT BROKE?

• Moderators

compound the issue with the fact that 'standard' AC in the PI is 220/50...most of the time. Last time I was there [2014] I measured numerous fluctuations down to 205V, and over 250V in different provinces of Luzon.

• 3 years later...

Archived