Behringer EPQ vs iNUKE

• Members

Yes I'm considering buying one. But before you pros attack me let me give my reasons. For one, desperate times cause for desperate measures - I'm a student and I just need something to get by. Second, I only want to put as much money into an amp as my speakers are worth, which is about $50 a piece. I'm not too worried about reliability, I'll use the think maybe 5 times in a year if I'm lucky, though I would like it to last me those 5 times. Sound quality, well if I was worried about that I probably would've invested more into my speakers :rolleyes: so as long as the thing doesn't distort at useable volume or color the sound too much, I can live with it. Finally I've had success with their products before, so I do put some faith in the company.

I'm looking at:

iNUKE NU100

vs

EPQ450

$20 more for 20 less watts (at 8 ohms), but perhaps the technology is better? Well, that is my question.

• Members

I was looking over the behringer amp specs, the EPQs seem to sell for around $300-400 at MF, as low as 225-300 on ebay. The smaller amp only puts out 260 @ 8 and 450 @ 4, so whats the big deal? Not much of a savings over a crown XLS or GX3. And who knows how they do in real life either, the EP2k and 4k seem to make up the bulk of their sales.

Look at the 1200s and 1400s, or USA850s, MX1500s. All are going real cheap these days.

• CMS Author

Yes I'm considering buying one. But before you pros attack me let me give my reasons. For one, desperate times cause for desperate measures - I'm a student and I just need something to get by. Second, I only want to put as much money into an amp as my speakers are worth, which is about $50 a piece. I'm not too worried about reliability, I'll use the think maybe 5 times in a year if I'm lucky, though I would like it to last me those 5 times. Sound quality, well if I was worried about that I probably would've invested more into my speakers
:rolleyes:
so as long as the thing doesn't distort at useable volume or color the sound too much, I can live with it. Finally I've had success with their products before, so I do put some faith in the company.

I'm looking at:

iNUKE NU100

vs

EPQ450

$20 more for 20 less watts (at 8 ohms), but perhaps the technology is better? Well, that is my question.

After posting an entire paragraph of rationalization, why ask for outside opinion? I see this constantly (and it so often is in regard to Behringer it isn't even funny anymore) and never get a coherent explanation.

• Members
After posting an entire paragraph of rationalization, why ask for outside opinion? I see this constantly (and it so often is in reagrd to Behringer it isn't even funny anymore) and never get a coherent explanation.

He just wanted us to talk him out of jumping off that bridge ;) .

• Members

My pot smoking friends in college always have weed, never 2 nickels to rub together but always had weed. Me not being a pot smoker I was still broke so I understand, but... Most likely the larger behringer amp will do what you need but pushed to the limits both will mostly likely fail much sooner than an amp from the big 3 (crown, crest, qsc). Once it does fail its too expensive to fix and the whole cost of the venture is much higher since you'll be back to square one. The advice here is free and no one will be looking over your shoulder whatever you do. We know what we'd do but in your case if you get bit by the whole experience the chances of you continuing in music/sound go waaay waaay down (ever try to teach a kid to play guitar on something that just can't be played? they quit). Maybe thats ultimately a good thing since there are too many of us running around, maybe you'd be an einstien and we'd miss out. who knows, just don't let some cheap chinese amp decide your fate.

• Members

Yes I'm considering buying one. But before you pros attack me let me give my reasons. For one, desperate times cause for desperate measures - I'm a student and I just need something to get by. Second, I only want to put as much money into an amp as my speakers are worth, which is about $50 a piece. I'm not too worried about reliability, I'll use the think maybe 5 times in a year if I'm lucky, though I would like it to last me those 5 times. Sound quality, well if I was worried about that I probably would've invested more into my speakers
:rolleyes:
so as long as the thing doesn't distort at useable volume or color the sound too much, I can live with it. Finally I've had success with their products before, so I do put some faith in the company.

I'm looking at:

iNUKE NU100

vs

EPQ450

Battle of the Bottom Feeders!:facepalm:

• Members
Maybe we've saved one.

...though I'm not quite sure what he's gonna do with a 100w/ch amp on mains when most of yous guys seem to think my 200w/ch RMX850 monitor amps are grossly inadequate :freak:. Also I don't think the 1200 had clip limiters? You can get a used RMX850 for $150 these days so I hope he didn't pay more than $50 for that.

• CMS Author

...though I'm not quite sure what he's gonna do with a 100w/ch amp on mains when most of yous guys seem to think my 200w/ch RMX850 monitor amps are grossly inadequate
:freak:
. Also I don't think the 1200 had clip limiters? You can get a used RMX850 for $150 these days so I hope he didn't pay more than $50 for that.

Hey now! When did I ever say an RMX850 was grossly inadequate for monitors? I'm pretty sure I've specifically recommended it for monitor amp for typical bar gig rigs.

• Members

Hey now! When did I ever say an RMX850 was grossly inadequate for monitors? I'm pretty sure I've specifically recommended it for monitor amp for typical bar gig rigs.

I wasn't referring to you - us bass playin' foolz are :thu: . No bridged RMX2450's on monitors for us :lol: !

BTW I'm "goin' lighter" to XLS1000's so have a couple for sale ;) . PITA to ship them though :( .

• Members

I wasn't referring to you - us bass playin' foolz are
:thu:
. No bridged RMX2450's on monitors for us
:lol:
!

BTW I'm "goin' lighter" to XLS1000's so have a couple for sale
;)
. PITA to ship them though
:(

too bad you didn't mention this sooner. I was in the market for a used RMX850, and with me being in NE PA, if the price was right, a drive to CT may have been worth it. Unfortunately I picked up a used PV900........so I'm good now.

BTW - I'm also a bass playin' fool.

Archived