Acoustic treatment help

• Members

My home studio mixing position , because of the room layout , has to be set up across the short side of the rectangle , which is 19' by 9'. so I would like some help in making it work with acoustic treatment if possible. thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Are you at least able to set up so that you're in the center of that long wall?

I agree that it would be best to set up the other way if at all possible - what's preventing you from being able to do that?

​The reason I have to set up cross wise is that , on one wall the entrance door opens into the space needed for my desk. the other end is a sliding glass door to another room.

• Members
If you have no choice but to set up along the longer walls' date=' you may need to try to make that back wall as dead as possible - especially since the distance between you (when seated at the mix position) and it is fairly short.[/quote']

Yup , but the best way utilizing little space?

Diagonal corner traps across the entire wall / ceiling juncture, and cover the rear wall with 4-6" rockwool traps - space them 2-4" from the wall if you can afford the space, but if not, just mount them directly to the walls.

You might want to consider traps with a layer of limp mass vinyl in between the layers of rockwool to give them a bit more absorption in the lows, but the main thing is you want to eliminate the slap / reflection coming off the back wall as much as possible.