Any small-gig PA providers in Atlanta looking for a gig this weekend?

• Members

The short story: I was approached about running sound for a band doing a gig in Atlanta this weekend and can't do it due to a prior engagement. It won't be anything big - a wedding reception, I believe, with around 100 or so people expected. They're looking for someone around the $2-300 range. A decent mains-on-sticks-over-subs setup should be plenty for this. Is anyone in the area and looking for a gig this weekend, or does anyone have any contacts in the Atlanta region that might be available? I told them I'd look around and see if I could come up with anyone.

Thanks in advance. :)

Now, the longer version of the story: I have a small home studio and had a client booked for this weekend. The guys playing in her band are friends of mine. The band called me and said they had a gig in Atlanta that weekend so they were sure she'd cancel the studio booking and asked if I could run sound for them instead. I told them sure, PROVIDED she actually cancelled the studio booking - she booked first so she had priority. They said no problem. Well, of course, she didn't cancel the studio booking. She just decided to bring in another backing band. So I inform the band of this and tell them I might have someone that can run my PA (I have a sound guy I use at my band's gigs so I don't have to mix from the stage) and I'll find out if he's available. He turns out not to be, and I tell the band this. Anyway, now they're looking for another PA provider in the area and, since they're friends, I told them I'd ask around some and see if I could find anyone.

So, back to the original question - anyone in Atlanta, or KNOW anyone in Atlanta, who might be looking for a gig this weekend? I know it's not a huge fee but it also isn't a huge gig. If anyone is interested please let me know and I'll forward your contact information on to the band.

I appreciate it, everyone.

Archived