Apple notebook for the Presonus Capture?

• Members

Beat up Dell from 2004. Real small hard drive so I use an outboard drive to record to.

The Dell might old but it had alot of muscles so it works great for Capture and controling the board.

It was supposed to be a throw away laptop that I cleaned us and repurposed.

• Members

Hey, this is what I'm using. Works great so far:

The Apple Mac mini "Core Duo" 1.83 GHz features an Intel "Core Duo" processor

Upgraded 2 GB of Ram

Upgraded software - Snow Leopard & iLife 11

80 GB Hard Drive

4 USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps)

1 Firewire "400" port (8 watts)

• Members

I've had no problems. Sorry for the details, just copied the ad. I paid $400 with keyboard & mouse, and use my flatscreen monitor. It works really well.

:thu:

I've used both a Mac Mini and a Macbook Pro (couple year old model off ebay for $800). Both worked great...without problem.

• Members

I use a Macbook Pro. Bought it used from my oldest son. He's a gaming-geek and an IT pro so it was max'ed out in it's prime. Couldn't tell ya much more about it other than that. It has worked flawlessly for me while also running the lights. I run the iPad app for the SL, a remote desktop interface for the lights (so I can control/see my DMX SW), and sometimes record via the firewire interface into Capture. No pops, glitches, drop outs, etc...

• Members

Newest 13" macbook pro for me. I got the one with i7 chip and 500 GB hard drive. It wasn't cheap, but easily the best computer I've ever owned and flawless compatibility with the StudioLive, which I cannot say about my PC's.

• Members

Beat up Dell from 2004. Real small hard drive so I use an outboard drive to record to.

The Dell might old but it had alot of muscles so it works great for Capture and controling the board.

It was supposed to be a throw away laptop that I cleaned us and repurposed.

Just a heads up for you if your using Windows XP as your OS the next UC firmware update will not support XP OS any more. So it means you won't get the 31 Band EQ's for the aux sends and the rest of what's included in the next UC firmware update.

The next firmware will only support Windows Vista, W7, Snow Leppord and Lion for Mac users.

• Members

Just a heads up for you if your using Windows XP as your OS the next UC firmware update will not support XP OS any more. So it means you won't get the 31 Band EQ's for the aux sends and the rest of what's included in the next UC firmware update.

The next firmware will only support Windows Vista, W7, Snow Leppord and Lion for Mac users.

Well its time to buy more new toys! That oilfield money has been good to me lately!

• Members

I rather spend more money for sound gear and not some computer that will be ancient and obsolete in the next few years.

probably right Bro. I could probably get a basic vrsion of 7 pretty cheap.

Oh I'm playing a bigger venue with my EV system tonight and tomorrow night,I'll be sure to check in with my opinion.

Archived