Experience with Powersoft Audio amps?

• Members

In that case you would probably be happier with the K20. Instead of paying less for reduced performance you can just turn the gain and limiting down.

Nah. I'm not in the powersoft stratosphere.

And I buy the products marketed the same way all the time. I don't make the rules, I just complain about them.

• Members

Excellent amps... Top notch... Maybe a bit pricey for most, because we are talking Crown IT-HD & Lab Gruppen price range for the DSP controlled amps.

Their lowest costing DSP amp is M14d DSP + ETH which is a 2 channel amp producing 360w at 8 ohms, retails for $2300. And then you have the M50Q DSP + ETH which is a 4 channel amp producing 750w at 8 ohms per channel... retails for: $4650. The K-series cost even more with the K20's price tag @ $10,000 but it produced 9,000 watts at 2 ohm per channel.

• CMS Author

If the "product" was just the pile of metal and silicon that comes in the box, you might have a valid claim, but it's not is it?

No, but you engineered the design, and manufactured the product, and to increase profit margin, only built one design to handle both outputs. I don't think that's a concept that would, or should, sit well with buyers. Why would I pay the extra money to buy the "bigger" amp knowing that I'm subsidizing the smaller one (it has everything my amp's got except the firmware change...for less than I paid). It's folly to assume every small amp buyer will eventually upgrade.

Archived