Multi-effects processor for PA

• Members

I am researching effects processors to replace a failing Lexicon MX200 in my PA rack and I am looking for suggestion on which unit to buy. Cost isn't the main factor,but if I can keep it lower in price but still have quality effects, I wouldn't complain.

I have looked at everything from the Lexicon MX400 and the TC Electronic M-One XL to the Yamaha SPX200 to the Eventide Eclipse. The Eclipse looks great but it obviously is not cheap. My question about the Eclipse would be if it is really worth all of the extra cash when compared to a unit like the M-One? Also,when comparing the M-One to the Lexicon MX400,do the quality of the effects on the M-One justify not having the flexibility of the 4 channels in the MX400?

Here are a few thoughts on the units:

Lexicon MX400 - 4 channels but I was never crazy about the effects from the MX200 unit.I was actually using a borrowed Alesis Midiverb 4 for reverb.

TC Electronic M-One XL - probably my leading candidate due to price and it seems to be the most commonly used unit as far as I can tell.

Eventide Eclipse - High price but I am sure I will use it in the studio which could justify the extra cash.

I am looking forward to hearing your opinions and please feel free to recommend something I haven't brought up. Thanks

-Count

• Members

M1 is nice. M2000 allows save and recall of the two engines independently, and used is not that much more than a new M1.

Yamaha REV500 is decent and is super easy to use. Kurzweil Rumour has an almost identical interface and sounds great - hard to find used though. Yamaha Rev7 sounds good.

Archived