• Members

I bought a pair of m-audio ie 30 ear buds a little over a year ago. Loved them sound great they are comfortable i took good care of them, always put them back in the case after use sometimes i used them to listen to music on my ipod also but always took good care of them now one of the wires is cutting out on one side and it seems one of the little speaker is also blowing. anyone had any problems with these? everyone else in the band has the same exact pair with no problems. Is there a pair of earbuds that the wires last longer on? any suggestions? Its a little discouraging since these were $250

• Members

Some earbuds have replaceable cords, but mostly that's a feature available when you get custom buds. If the drivers are OK you could have your earbuds converted to custom ones. Alien Ears is one company that does it. It's not especially cheap though and you'll need to pay an extra $40 for a new cable. So it would end up costing you $225, but you'd have a custom molded set of buds.

FWIW, those M-audio's are dead on look alikes of the Ultimate Ears Super fi series. My guess is that's who actually makes them and they are licensed by M Audio. I don't know this for a fact though.

Archived