Gibson 2017 - Les Paul horror

Ratae Corieltauvorum

It's not completely ideal' date=' and one can only hope that it will yellow & soften as sunlight works it's wonders with the wood.[/quote']

And the lacquer. Nitrocellulose lacquer tends to yellow and get an amber tone to it over time, which will probably also soften the overall look of the guitar as it ages.

Having said that - nope, it's not my favorite finish of the currently available options either.

If you want a lighter, more faded looking burst, I think the Honey Burst looks sweeter...

LPS17HBCH1_MAIN_HERO_01.jpg

I have a Bourbon Burst Les Paul Standard T in for review ATM and it's a nice looking color...

LPS17B8CH1_MAIN_HERO_01.jpg

But I have to say, the current Gibson color that is really knocking me out is Blueberry Burst. I also have a LP Standard HP here ATM (I wanted to compare the T vs HP versions for myself) and it's Blueberry Burst, and it's just stunning looking in person, with these cool purple accents that jump out when you look at it from various angles.

LPS17B9CH1_MAIN_HERO_01.jpg

I'd much rather have any one of those three colors than the Antique Burst shown in the OP. YMMV.

Archived