What pedals are on your wish list?

Chris Loeffler

• Members

While never the pedal guy, I just picked up what I have been jonesing for. An EH Mel9. Yes,it lives up to the hype. And yes, it has it's flaws. it's stupidly bright, no tone control, and super sensitive dynamics. Does anyone NEED one of these? Nope, not what-so-ever. Do you want one? Oh yes, yes you do!

• Members

Can't pick one.

Catlinbread Katzenkönig, Catlinbread Adineko, 3 Knob Red Snapper, EHX Soul Food, all of EHX's synth/key pedals, EHX Green River, Digitech Mosaic 12, i'm going to press Post Reply or I'll be here all night.

• Members

I haven't bought a pedal in ages, but the Synth 9 and Operation Overlord really have me interested. I have tons of overdrive and distortion pedals, but none that are stereo input and I've been doing a lot of electronic stuff lately and would love to have a stereo distortion unit to run drum machines and synths through.

• Members

I have been watching videos of the new B.Y.O.C. Crown Jewel pedal and it looks so awesome. This thing has a ton of options and module choices. You can also buy extra modules for whatever you are in the mood for. Not a bad price either considering how much is in this pedal. Right now, it is only in kit form but they are going to be selling finished pedals. soon.

• Members

Some of this stuff I really want to try (then I'll decide if I really want):

Mel 9

Key 9

Boss SY900/Synth 9

Digitech Freqout

Keeley Loomer

Nemesis Delay/Flashback Triple

Digiverb or Digitech RV-7 (I need a reverse reverb for pre gain pedals in my chain)

ClusterFuzz or Caroline Wave Canon MkII

Hologram Dream Sequence

Box of Rock

Strymon Dig

El Capistan - or something that can do it's multi mode (can a RE-20 handle that?)

BD-2 or some derivative thereof.

Waza CE-2 or maybe Valeton CH-10

And then to give my amps some extra flava

Monarch

White Lighting

Dmbl

Formula 55

One Control Sonic Blue Twanger

And I want a flexible tremolo of some sort. Right now have an old ToneFactor trem. I've tried the Super Pulsar, but not sure if it's the direction I want to go.

• Members

Some of this stuff I really want to try (then I'll decide if I really want):

Mel 9

Key 9

Boss SY900/Synth 9

Digitech Freqout

Keeley Loomer

Nemesis Delay/Flashback Triple

Digiverb or Digitech RV-7 (I need a reverse reverb for pre gain pedals in my chain)

ClusterFuzz or Caroline Wave Canon MkII

Hologram Dream Sequence

Box of Rock

Strymon Dig

El Capistan - or something that can do it's multi mode (can a RE-20 handle that?)

BD-2 or some derivative thereof.

Waza CE-2 or maybe Valeton CH-10

\

And then to give my amps some extra flava

Monarch

White Lighting

Dmbl

Formula 55

One Control Sonic Blue Twanger

And I want a flexible tremolo of some sort. Right now have an old ToneFactor trem. I've tried the Super Pulsar, but not sure if it's the direction I want to go.

• Members

the FF7 uses "black glass germanium transistors from the 50s".

but if zvex is still looking for a chip to repair my tremorama after 2 months...

going on 4 weeks on the neunaber immerse list. bought a v1 stereo wet off craigslist because 'the jones'

seem to be spending more money replacing pedals than if i'd gone cadillac and killed the gas in the first place

ps. broken hearted over the key9, i can't make it do squat. on the upside the ehx canyon is as close to a 'desert island' pedal as i've ever found [next to the zoom cdr]

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

Well I knocked off a couple of bucket items this week already with a Fuzz Factory and Distortron. I think the last pedal I really want is great reverb, so thinking about a Strymon BigSky. Watched the demo for the Eventide H9 Max, which is sorta the same money but it can do more. What is killing me is that they aren't here to try anywhere. I will have to take my chances and pick one and hope it was right. My logic says if the H9 does more for the same money, then a dedicated reverb pedal must be better reverb. If anyone has tried both, let me know what you think. For me thats a lot of bucks to squander.

• Members

i'm on a new dirt hunt lol.

brothers

twimble

winford od

and i still don't have a timmy

i'll know better after i get tired of tinkering with jfets and opamps.

i almost ordered a byoc crown jewel when i saw the HC sale notice ... but they aren't selling them in youtube metal flake.

[otoh, i have a fishman tripleplay in the mail, and here be dragons ... & VSTs to buy]

ps. i know squat about strymon or eventide, sorry

• Members

I'm looking for a dual pedal where the first side will make my wife tell me to go play my guitar, loud. The second side preferably a mute button for the wife, so she can't change her mind.

​Actually haven't had gas for a pedal in quite a while. I'm actually racking my brain wondering what I want and I can't think of a single one.

Archived