Prx615 or Prx612 with Srx718s?

• Members

If you'll ever perform with no subs then I'd stick with the 615, otherwise I'd go with the 612. Smaller, lighter box with a woofer with less surface area for faster transients and the same horn as the 615. That said, if you're happy with the sound and look, keep the 615. IMO, you really shouldn't be exchanging something 29 days after buying it for no good reason.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Little bit of a thread revive here, but I can't seem to find a consensus. Currently our band has 2 JRX 2x15 cabs and a (1) JRX sub (not my P.A., this is what they had when I came in).

The band member who owns the mains is leaving, so I was thinking about going in with the other guys on a PRX rig instead of buying the JRX stuff from the former member. What I was planning on was 2 PRX618-XLFs and 2 PRX625s, but I'm wondering if the 612 or 615 on a pole for each sub would work and save a few hundred bucks? We typically play 100-300 person indoor shows. By all accounts I'm expecting the PRX stuff to blow the JRX setup out of the water, just don't know if it's better to go with the single or dual driver cabinets. I can't see us ever playing without the subs once we have them (if that makes a difference).

• Members

Little bit of a thread revive here, but I can't seem to find a consensus. Currently our band has 2 JRX 2x15 cabs and a (1) JRX sub (not my P.A., this is what they had when I came in).

The band member who owns the mains is leaving, so I was thinking about going in with the other guys on a PRX rig instead of buying the JRX stuff from the former member. What I was planning on was 2 PRX618-XLFs and 2 PRX625s, but I'm wondering if the 612 or 615 on a pole for each sub would work and save a few hundred bucks? We typically play 100-300 person indoor shows. By all accounts I'm expecting the PRX stuff to blow the JRX setup out of the water, just don't know if it's better to go with the single or dual driver cabinets. I can't see us ever playing without the subs once we have them (if that makes a difference).

The PRX system will absolutely blow away the JRX system in every possible way. You are going to be stunned.

As others have said, the 612M is a better option over subs (and your back).

Archived