Has anyone tried these yet?

• Members

I have a pair of their ancestors - the B412DSP . I don't use them a lot because they are stoopid heavy (65 lbs) but the newer ones are quite a bit lighter. I hang on to them because they have no real resale value, are stoopid loud, sound OK, and for outdoor gigs I'd not cry if they got rained on. I've run them with trash bags on them with no problem of overheating. When I first got them I ran them into the limiters with lots of low end for a couple hours in an attempt to blow them up but was unable to. I got them at a cheap price kinda for yucks - I figured I'd blow them up and return them but they proved to be quite usable.

• Members

I have a pair of their ancestors - the B412DSP . I don't use them a lot because they are stoopid heavy (65 lbs) but the newer ones are quite a bit lighter. I hang on to them because they have no real resale value, are stoopid loud, sound OK, and for outdoor gigs I'd not cry if they got rained on. I've run them with trash bags on them with no problem of overheating. When I first got them I ran them into the limiters with lots of low end for a couple hours in an attempt to
blow them up
but was unable to. I got them at a cheap price kinda for yucks - I figured
I'd blow them up
and return them but they proved to be quite usable.

Note to self, Never let Roadranger use any of my gear.:lol:

• Members

Note to self, Never let Roadranger use any of my gear.
:lol:

:D

Then you'd really like the guy I have my monitors and Rog subs loaned out to right now. The 10" coaxial monitors are good for about 250wrms and he's got them on an iTech5000 . The 800wrms subs have 2500w to each (4 ohms each, one per side of another 5000). He's downsizing from 8 lab subs I think and was caught short waiting for his new SRX728S's (JBL's still behind) and some powered monitors to come in (replacing PRX612M's and PRX615's). Oh, and his 5000's are for sale to be replaced by 12000's :D .

• Members
That sounds like Silas!

;) He's actually pretty careful with stuff but certainly isn't looking for stuff to last 20 years like some on here ;) . The iTechs have awesome limiters and allow 250w monitors to survive being fed 1250 (potential) watts just fine :cool: . I wish I could justify owning some but IPR is just fine at my level and usage :D .

• Members

Then you'd really like the guy I have my monitors and Rog subs loaned out to right now. The 10" coaxial monitors are good for about 250wrms and he's got them on an iTech5000 . The 800wrms subs have 2500w to each (4 ohms each, one per side of another 5000). He's downsizing from 8 lab subs I think and was caught short waiting for his new SRX728S's (JBL's still behind) and some powered monitors to come in (replacing PRX612M's and PRX615's). Oh, and his 5000's are for sale to be replaced by 12000's

Are the Th-Mini's 4ohms? Or, different subs? What monitors did he end up ordering?

• Members

Are the Th-Mini's 4ohms? Or, different subs?

No, they are my "big subs":

http://www.speakerplans.com/index.php?id=186horn

4 ohm Omega Pro's in them that work great with an IPR3000. I really wish I could have bought the TH-Mini's with 4 ohm drivers so I'd not be messin' about with an iNuke to drive them :( .

What monitors did he end up ordering?

That's top secret for now ;) .

• Members

;)
He's actually pretty careful with stuff but certainly isn't looking for stuff to last 20 years like some on here
;)
. The iTechs have awesome limiters and allow 250w monitors to survive being fed 1250 (potential) watts just fine
:cool:
. I wish I could justify owning some but IPR is just fine at my level and usage

Yeah Peavey is killing me! When are those big IPR's coming out?

• Members

No, they are my "big subs":

http://www.speakerplans.com/index.php?id=186horn

4 ohm Omega Pro's in them that work great with an IPR3000. I really wish I could have bought the TH-Mini's with 4 ohm drivers so I'd not be messin' about with an iNuke to drive them
:(
.That's top secret for now
;)

How do they sound? I was actually looking at building some subs for a project.... Something LOUD.

• Members

Sweetwater sez they will have IPR4500's the week of 9/25 .

Awesome, I will be looking for that date.

My old church had a pair of the 12" Behringer powered boxes that were used as mains. Very small church mind you. Maybe 50 peeps. They really didnt sound bad at the low volumes we used them at. The Behringer mixer on the other hand was horrible. That said, I would spend a extra 100 bucks or so and get the RCF 310's or 312's. Just from the users reviews on the forums.

• Members
How do they sound? I was actually looking at building some subs for a project.... Something LOUD.

Like most horn subs they don't go very low but they actually can get as loud as lab subs at one frequency (a peak on the Rog's, a dip on the labs :lol:). I'd not worry about covering 500 indoors with them - about the same number outdoors at country fair type volumes (AKA not thumpin' the heck outta folks not right at the stage). With just an IPR3000 it was uncomfortable to be within 20 feet of them clustered.

• Members

The strangest thing is that Behr's specs for the B812NEO and B912NEO appear identical, though the cab looks a bit different, but there's about a $150 price difference. B claims the price on the 812 is a "summer special", but maybe it's actually a closeout.

• Members
The strangest thing is that Behr's specs for the B812NEO and B912NEO appear identical, though the cab looks a bit different, but there's about a $150 price difference. B claims the price on the 812 is a "summer special", but maybe it's actually a closeout.

No, even the previous versions had two models - one has a full grill over the LF section and is intended (according to them) for install and corporate type gigs. They had the same list price as I recall. I ended up with the somewhat fugly B412DSP's as I got them as refurbs cheap :) . There was actually a full grill version of the RCF 310A out but it is now discontinued - I tried to get those instead of the "plastic space alien" version but no joy. Both the "K" and "PRX" speakers have a much more professional look to them for those doing events where it matters...

Archived