Celtic Festival aftermath

• Members

Did the event Saturday night, went great. Tried Coasters suggestion with the dual 57's on the accordian, player wasn't happy with that!! She was concerned about being locked in position from each mic. She prefered one 57 and the ability to work it as needed. I guess she was used to that because she did a good job of keeping her sound consistent. Didn't have to fader-chase much. I still like the idea of the dual 57's. I can see it working for less experienced players or ones who don't move as much.

Put sm81's on violins and guitars, PR35's on vocals and a couple of DI's on other guitars. was actually an easy gig. Andy---ever hear of a guy named Chris David? he produced the show and apparently has been in the biz a long time, he thought your name sounded familiar.

• Members

I use dual 57's with wind filters for public address and politicians. Many of them have no idea how to use a mic and by having two from 45% from center results in very even coverage at the podium over a 90% arc. It also helps to keep the mics away from their face during pictures.

• Members

I use dual 57's with wind filters for public address and politicians. Many of them have no idea how to use a mic and by having two from 45% from center results in very even coverage at the podium over a 90% arc. It also helps to keep the mics away from their face during pictures.

and reduces the gain before feedback by ~1/2, if that's an issue.

• Members

and reduces the gain before feedback by ~1/2, if that's an issue.

Not outdoors on the west steps of the Colorado Capitol building. You really can't cover more than 2000 people out there anyway. The hillside rolls away and traffic noise starts to intrude into the crowd. I've considered putting a few time delayed satellites on the other side of the parking lot for better coverage, but I've only once been asked to provide sound there for a crowd larger than 2000 people. I passed on the job because I knew I couldn't handle 50,000 people there and looking back, no one could. Lousy location for that large a crowd.

• Members

Not outdoors on the west steps of the Colorado Capitol building. You really can't cover more than 2000 people out there anyway. The hillside rolls away and traffic noise starts to intrude into the crowd. I've considered putting a few time delayed satellites on the other side of the parking lot for better coverage, but I've only once been asked to provide sound there for a crowd larger than 2000 people. I passed on the job because I knew I couldn't handle 50,000 people there and looking back, no one could. Lousy location for that large a crowd.

Isn't that more an issue of speaker/system coverage than GBF?

Archived