Who`s your biggest, we`ll go with guitar, influences?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have the same problem. This is why, after learning theory thoroughly, one must forget it just as thoroughly, and just play ;)

When I first heard Larry Carlton with The Crusaders, I thought 'that guy knows everything about the guitar but he just closes his eyes and plays.' That experience changed my approach (and commitment) to the guitar.

• Members

Hmm..seeing several C.C. Deville`s here and I`m not sure if it`s trolling, but he WAS the best in his class IMO. Guitar solos were pretty awesome in their time and a cut above the rest of those bands in the glam genre.

• Members
Johnny Marr and Andy Summers from my high school years.

Later, more atmospheric stuff like Steve Hillage, Kevin Shields.

There's some East Bay Ray in there, too.

Andy Summers is great! I`ve listened the hell out of the double Police Live CD. Well, that`s the medium I have it on. I have a new truck that doesn`t have a CD player, just Apple Car Play.

• Members

I agree. I couldn't appreciate Nirvana when they came out, whatsoever - but when I hear it now I can appreciate the songwriting.

THE INTERNET IS IN AMERICA: Let’s Face It: Kurt Cobain Sucked.

In an interview I saw some years back he admitted his writing was shat. I thought he couldn't carry a tune in a paper sack but damned if he wasn't all the (posthumous) rage. I suppose it depends on what you think songwriting is all about.

• Members
Ace Frehley

CC Deville

The dude from Twisted Sister

Re: Ace Frehley

While few would give him high marks for proficiency, he certainly fit into his role with early KISS perfectly.

For my money, as KISS became more proficient musically due to personnel changes, they became considerably less fun and interesting.

• Like 2