MORE Surplus Gear

• Members

Anybody interested in more surplus gear? Another pallet arrived this morning removed from an install we are working on.

I also have a 25 lb "box-o-cables" just like the last one, full of used and new bits of leftovers and adapters and connectors and whatever. Good for shop stash. Last one went in less than an hour and I had 4 or 5 requests for more but of course quantity is lmited. Can't say what's in it (there is a ~12' x 6 channel XLR snake) but overall I guarantee that it's a good value to the right folks. PM me and I'll take the first one.

More decent VHF wireless too.

• Members

Nope, but how about a PM-1200? Maybe a PM-3000?

And they could buy my RMX amps for that install too! LOL

Yah, there is a lot of great stuff out there cheap perfectly usable for installs but the portable stuff (especially carryable by one guy) gets good $$$ and goes fast - not liable to show up on a pallet'o'crap ;) .

• Members

Or good quality stuff that's perfectly useable for folks who do not or can not afford the newer light weight stuff but still want quality gear. I have several pallets of raw drivers (new and used) of all kinds that are perfectly good, high quality parts that are just heavier than I want tpo deal with myself.

• Members
Or good quality stuff that's perfectly useable for folks who do not or can not afford the newer light weight stuff but still want quality gear.

I paid $340 shipped for my IPR3000 whereas used RMX2450's are going for that. But in an install I'd rather have the RMX2450's as they are proven "run forever" amps.

I have several pallets of raw drivers (new and used) of all kinds that are perfectly good, high quality parts that are just heavier than I want to deal with myself.

Do you only use neo drivers yourself or ? Many of my lightweight cabs use non-neo drivers - Impulse 1012's, Danley TH-Mini's, those mini coaxial monitors, etc.

• Members

I have sold some used 2450's for less than that, as well as other similar amps because the world is awash in them. Nothing wrong with them at all (other than weight)

I use mostly Neo drivers in everything that I (still) build, though I am trying to build less and less these days. My newer line array cabinets weight quite a bit less than 50 lbs and have 2 x 10's and 1 x 1.5" with pro performance AND fly hardware..

• Members

I have sold some used 2450's for less than that, as well as other similar amps because the world is awash in them. Nothing wrong with them at all (other than weight).

They still seem to go for big $$$ on fleaBay but it's such a PITA to properly box one of them heavy $%^&*#$ up for shipping :( .

I use mostly Neo drivers in everything that I (still) build, though I am trying to build less and less these days. My newer line array cabinets weight quite a bit less than 50 lbs and have 2 x 10's and 1 x 1.5" with pro performance AND fly hardware..

Nice! Maybe you could try to sell them "old school" drivers over on a DJ forum where they blow stuff up all the time? :D

I've been trying to cook a couple of stock PV118 drivers so's I could buy a couple of them custom Omega Pro's from you but no joy so far LOL . Time to bridge that RMX2450 into them :thu: .

EDIT> Oops, I forgot that I just swapped a GX5 into that rig so can't bridge :( .

;)

• Members

Got any all-battery powered wireless units like you'd use for a tv/remote gig?

-Dan.

But of course!

I have a Williams Sound #TGS SYS A which is a battery powered bodypack transmitter with a 1/8" mic input (I need to get the factory wiring diagram for this to be sure but assume it's like all Sennheiser mics) and it comes with 6 battery powered receivers with standard 1/8" TRS line level outputs. Comes in a brief case, and can be used for wireless audio distribution, this is old stock unused. Make me an offer, it's looking for a new home.

• Members

Haven't come across another old yamaha delay have you?

Nope, but just rebuilt a nice clean SDE-1000 for my own personal use. Now my FOH will read like a vintage analog playground w/ an SPX-990, PCM-81 and an SDE-1000.

The Yamaha zone delays had 2 different model numbers for the same unit... DDL-3 and D-1030. They are otherwise identical, other than the opening screen showing model number. DDL-3 was replaced by the 1030 model number shortly after it was released because of a conflict with another product using the same model number (DeltaLab IIRC).

• 6 months later...

Archived