Budget/bedroom bass amps?

Narcosynthesis

• Members

just ordered the black version of this today... got it for a great price. Mainly for practice, some live use in a church setting. I have a Sansamp DI that I normally use for live stuff, but have been missing an amp lately. Like the size/weight, tuner, tone, etc. Plus it just looks nice... should be here next week.

Used to have an Ashdown... and honestly, it was pretty blah. Wasn't a high end model, but I was very underwhelmed by that amp. Have owned Acoustic amps, and used a ton of Peavey amps of different sizes and ages.

• Moderators

I just [finally] got my Acoustic B15 from GC yesterday [ they were on sale for $79 for Presidents' Day, and sold out day one, they shipped mine in from god knows where]. I had tried one out before the price drop, and thought it was adequate, but the Rumble 15 was louder, but lacking bottom and the Ampeg BA108 seemed 'flabby' sounding at the low end and too bright across the board, even at their 20W rating [not a deal killer for a bedroom/practice amp, just an observation]. The Acoustic comes with a 10", the Rumble and Ampeg are 8"...so when they were priced the same, I went for the larger speaker. Neither of these are giggable amps, but for home acoustic jamming and practice, I think they are all okay, but I like the idea of the larger speaker.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived