Line 6 Spider V 120: Pro Review Xpress

Phil O'Keefe

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for the informative review, Phil. Though I went with the Mustang and a Katana as a backup, the Spider was in the running at all because you had put this up.

Referring back to what the first guy said about the wireless that plug not being good for animated guys, I can see where that would not be useful for me. I had the 'bug' and it worked in neither my Strat nor my Les Paul. Not because it didn't fit, but because it would just fall out as I was moving around. Remember that wireless system they were pushing in all the guitar mags in the early 2000's? Anyway, I'm sure they don't have that problem with the target Spider market.

I play top 40 pop from the 80's to today in my current situation, and I found that the Mustang gave me the truest sound. For practice, I couldn't beat the Katana 50W for $199.

Thanks for reading GoldJim! :cool2:

I admit I'm not the wild guy I was in my youth and hadn't really tried jumping around vigorously to see how well the G10T would stay connected, but never let it be said I'm not willing to make a fool of myself for the sake of a review. :lol: I just plugged it into a couple of different guitars and did my best Pete Townshend impersonation (note: no guitars were harmed in the course of this review) and no matter what I tried, I couldn't get it to fall out of the guitar or lose connection with the amp.

I then tried to look for the actual weight specs for the G10T, but couldn't find them anywhere (Line 6, can you perhaps tell us?), but it isn't much - it's a very lightweight unit. I haven't been able to get it to drop out of the guitar no matter what I've tried, short of deliberately unplugging it.

Of course if you're really worried about it there's always the stage/tour approved approach of using gaffer's tape to make sure it stays plugged in. While it's not recommend and definitely not the best thing for the guitar's finish, I've seen that approach used more than once with a wireless.

• 10 months later...
  • Members

Hi please can you tell me what a Taylor or such acoustic expression system 2 sounds like in the spider v i read lots of good reviews on this amp but just as many bad ones. So not sure what to buy i like many need one amp for acoustic and electric. Thanks

Archived