Mackie 1400I problem

• Members

I got a mackie 1400I power amp that is saying that it's running hot.

ok , here is what it does,

I can cut it on and it stays on for about 1 1/2 mins and then the hot light comes on and stays on for a little while and then goes back to cold light.

But when i bump it it goes off of hot and vice versa.

It has nothing plugged into it at all, no mixer , or speakers. it has been dropped on one side of the amp a while back when i had sold it . we wiggled the wire to the power transformer and it went into protect mode and back to cold. What could be causeing it to do this. and 2 what would happen if i went ahead and plugged my speakers into it to try the speakers out for just a min or so. would it hurt or blow anything (mixer, speakers)?

• Members

Mechanical damage to the amp. Needs to be seen by somebody familiar with Mackie amps as they are kind of tricky and unless you know what you are doing, additional damage is entirely likely.

Rule number 1... do not drop amps.

Rule number 2... do not drop anything else audio.

• Members

Mechanical damage to the amp. Needs to be seen by somebody familiar with Mackie amps as they are kind of tricky and unless you know what you are doing, additional damage is entirely likely.

Rule number 1... do not drop amps.

Rule number 2... do not drop anything else audio.

HAHA , I agree with ya Aged, as far as the rules go That's rules that i try to enforce all the time, I didnt drop it someone else did it , I sold it and it came back to me that way. either the guy that bought it dropped it or the carrier dropped it. but i baby all my stuff. LOL.

From your experience would it be better to sell it for parts or to get it fixed. Is it going to cost more to fix it that it's worth?

Archived